cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install ASUS ROG Connect Bluetooth Overclocking on Droid

V2-V3
Level 8
How do you install APK files for ASUS RC to The ASUS Driver CD to the Motorola Droid?

Answer: Before performing these steps* be sure to enable your Droid to allow installation from third party sources.

1. Go to the Android Market on the phone and search for and download an app called ApkInstaller.

2. Attach your Droid to your computer. Swipe down the notification bar at the top screen and Mount the device. The device should show up as a drive on your computer.

3. Take the APK file "RCBluetooth-Android-V1.0.3.apk" from the ASUS Driver CD and copy it to anywhere on the SD Carddrive for your Droid.

4. Open the ApkInstaller app.

5. It will show the files on your SD Card. Tap the APK file "RCBluetooth-Android-V1.0.3.apk" to run the installer.

6. Tap Install.

7. Enable the Bluetooth on the motherboard by pressing the button on the rear I/O panel

7 REPLIES 7

Retired
Not applicable
Nice! have to give this a try!

grundle
Level 9
this dose not work for the motorola droid x. just so that you all know.

grundle wrote:
this dose not work for the motorola droid x. just so that you all know.

What part doesn't work? The ApkInstaller? mounting as a drive? Connecting to the board?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

grundle
Level 9
connecting to the board

xeromist
Hrmm, that sucks. I wonder why the Droid X is different than the Droid for something like this.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

V2-V3
Level 8
I have not experienced this issue, If i can get my hands on the Droid X I will try to reproduce the issue.

mcj66106
Level 7
Droid X still not able to connect.

ACHOS
i7 3930K|Asus RIVE|Dominator GT 2133 x 16GB|GTX580 AC block|Corsair X128|Titanium Fatal1ty|AX1200 and HX1000|CaseLabs M8|HK 3.0 chrome|Win 7