cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Mod Log)AvROG - The AvP Rebirth

Chewitt
Level 10
So since my money for my new build has had to go to fix the house and i had really go myself into that new PC frame of mind i have decided to do what i can with my current PC visually.

As such here are a few bits for the AvROG.

Any suggestions are welcome on how best to achieve this.

==================================

Theme - The theme is a sinister AvP remake, with the case been the AvP Defender 400 K2 this gave me the idea for the AvROG Alien vs Republic of Gamers the Rebirth and since i have a very limited budget this is what added the Rebirth to the name.

Method - I will change all of the lighting to ROG red, this will include the power button light that is Blue (never got this as the case is Black and Red and the supplied fans are Red) i will also change the Blue fan in the PSU and also the back of the case. I will also look to replace the AvP logo on the front of the case with a RoG logo, on the side of the case will be a large Mad Catz logo as this ties in with the Alien theme as it will hopefully make the case looked ripped.

Additional info - As i am sponsored by Mad Catz they have provided me with a new mouse and keyboard to match the new colour scheme with a Strike 5 and Rat 5 keyboard and mouse.

PSU Re-Design
Change colour to Black
Change inbuilt fan to Red from Blue
DVD Drive
Re Colour to Black from standard Silver (Decided not to do this as could not do it safely)
Case/Fans
Replace rear fan to Red
Replace LED's in Side and Top fans
Remove AvP logo
Install new ROG Logo from MWM
Install Predator Part number to sides
Re Paint case into armour plating (Predator Armour)
PSU/fan Cables
Sleeve 24pin cable
Sleeve 8pin cable
Sleeve 1st GPU cable
Sleeve 2nd GPU cable
Sleeve lighting cables
Sleeve fan cables
Main installation
Re Install components
Cable routing
Install new RAM and new SSD

==================================

30/06/2013 Update:

So you will now see the Sponsors on the list, my friends over at Mad Catz have decided to not only sponsor my e-Sports events with their console peripherals but also me for my pc with a new Keyboard and Mouse to match the Red theme.

Also since it is the e-Sports events that the pc is used as it is only right that i add the logo to the sponsors too.

28/07/2013 Update:

So great news i have through Platform e-Sports managed to get sponsorship from Kingston HyperX and as such tomorrow my new HyperX SSD and 16GB of HyperX Beast will be arriving what is great and also i have gained again through Platform e-Sports Sponsorship from Cable Modders for my Cable Braiding and Sleeving, this has meant that i have now managed to save enough to possibly look at a new MB and CPU as well.

04/08/2013 Update:

More great news i now have sponsorship from XSPC for Watercooling and i have also had the chance to re spray the case as well as fit the RAM and SSD, all that is left to do now is add the Predator part number to the side of the PC and the external visuals are completed. I have a Carbon Fibre sleeving kit on the way from Cable Modders as well as White and Red so i can give all of the cables a once over and then inside i just have to create the air channel to cover up the cables coming out of the back of the PSU and also to direct air to the fan of the GPU.

30/08/2013 Update:

So i have a nice load of new kit arriving next week to get built in ready for Platform 2013.
XSPC Twin Wired Red 5mm LEDs with 4Pin - Black - 30cm
XSPC Twin Wired Red 3mm LEDs with 4Pin - Black - 30cm
XSPC - EC6 Non Conductive Coolant - Blood Red
XSPC RayStorm 750 EX240 (V4 Pump) WaterCooling Kit
BitFenix Spectre 120mm Red LED Fan - Black
Carbon Fiber Cable Modders Kit
UV Red Cable Modders Kit

My plan is to have the current Red cables in the UV Red with all others in the Carbon Fiber, i will replace the current front fan with both of the BitFenix fans and move the current front Red fan to the side and then remove all other fans. I will need to cut into the top of the case in order to make the 120mm fan/rad mount large enough to go up to the full 240mm what should not be too hard to do, the hardest part will be not cutting of a finger while doing it.

Once that is done i will be able to look at the other finishing touches to the case like the Predator part number on the side that will be stencil sprayed on.

CPU - AMD Phenom II 555 OC'd and UCC'd to Phenom II B55 at 3709MHz
RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast
MoBo - ASRock 890GX Extreme3
GPU - Asus HD 6850 Direct CU
SDD - 240GB Kingston HyperX

ROG RealBench Score = TBB
58 REPLIES 58

Chewitt
Level 10
As of this morning.

Chewitt
Level 10
Removing the AvP logo, anyone know where you can get decent quality ROG logos or emblems?

kkn
Level 14
stickers?
if so there are a few that have posted high res pics of the eye some where ( wallpapers ) that you can print on a photo paper or some thing like that?
but emblems i cant say for shure ive seen enny of those.

Cool I will have a look ideally I was looking for more of a 3D badge

Chewitt
Level 10
So found some stickers/decals?

These are exactly what i want just not worth ordering from the US

http://www.modsticker.com/products/Asus-Republic-of-Gamers-ROG-Metal-Logo-Sticker.html

This would have been perfect for what i wanted but it has ended so the hunt is on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Republic-of-Gamers-ROG-Small-Hard-Metal-Sticker-Badge-Label-Decal-/20...

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hey Chewitt, there is a Modder I know who makes really amazing stuff with Acrylic and Plexi. He goes by the name of Ashpiax...if you have a Facebook account, you should totally look him up. He's Dutch I think, but he makes and sells some pretty amazing stuff...just recently got his Company up and running, called "Mod With Me"...check him out if you have FBook 🙂

Chewitt
Level 10
Is this the guy?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ModWithMe/606377746040009?fref=ts

If so yeah he really does make some cool kit.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
That's him mate 🙂 and yes, he's made some absolutely amazing stuff. Recently for example, he made a 3D Quake Logo...it was pretty cool. Shoot him a PM, asking him if it's not too much trouble if he could make you a logo, he is a bit busy with the project...just tell him Myk SilentShadow recommended him to you 😉

First page updated with some more info about my plans.