cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of us have all the power connectors pluged in the Rampage?

Masterbobo
Level 7
This is my first day with my Rampage IV Extreme, (last board was a gigabyte) and seeing as it has tons of power connectors to the mother board. Manual says additional power to PCI express lanes, and Stable power for Ram, and a few more power connectors here and there that I connected them all to (since in in 3 way SLI and using 4 x 4 Dominator GT 2133 I thought why not plug in every last one cause i have the power, which is why my case wires is now messy and need to figure out how to clean it up lol)
But yea my question is how many of you connected every connection from your power supply to the board on the Rampage Extreme IV asks for?, I think its like 5 connections if I'm not mistaken.
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit
19 REPLIES 19

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have always been of the mind if I have the connectors on my PSU then populate the board.

So yeah I have them all connected. But then I OC quite a bit...
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Granger
Level 10
Dunno about the Maximus, but on my CHV-F I had an OC at 4055mhz with only the 8 pin connector, and when I upgraded my PSU, I could the plug in the 4 pin connector as well, and without changing anything in the bios, my OC jumped to 4165mhz (110mhz is not a great deal, but shows that the extra plugs do help)

Detleg
Level 12
i got all but the 4 pin, no need here ...yet 😛

Stevetank1130
Level 7
I have all the connectors plugged in including the 4 pin molex. I'm running 4.7ghz and have two 7970's so I figured it wouldn't hurt lol
Asus Rampage Formula
32g Corsair Dominator Platinum
2x MSI 7970 HD
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Intel 3930k
2x OCZ Vertex 3 128GB (Raid 0 sys)
2x WD Caviar Black 2TB (Raid 0 Storage)
Koolance and Ek Blocks

Halfdead
Level 7
All but the PCI-E power.

Chino
Level 15
Masterbobo wrote:
This is my first day with my Rampage IV Extreme, (last board was a gigabyte) and seeing as it has tons of power connectors to the mother board. Manual says additional power to PCI express lanes, and Stable power for Ram, and a few more power connectors here and there that I connected them all to (since in in 3 way SLI and using 4 x 4 Dominator GT 2133 I thought why not plug in every last one cause i have the power, which is why my case wires is now messy and need to figure out how to clean it up lol)
But yea my question is how many of you connected every connection from your power supply to the board on the Rampage Extreme IV asks for?, I think its like 5 connections if I'm not mistaken.

The rule of thumb is if your PSU has all the necessary connectors, them connect them all. There is no harm in doing so.

Ya luckily my Silent Pro 1200 does have all the connectors to plug into the Rampage so I did, now I just gotta deal with cleaning up the cabling cause theres a lot more to clean up on a rampage than any other board lol
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I have all mine conncted except the RAM ez plug....don't need that for 16GB

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
I have all mine conncted except the RAM ez plug....don't need that for 16GB

^^^^ Exact same as Arne.....no need for the RAM power plug...16 GB @ 1866 Mhz........all others are plugged to the Board though including additional PCI-E power.