cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warranty rma worry

evilmustang66
Level 10
ok I am a bit worried since the issue I have encountered first time rma with asus on a max v extreme motherboard I saw the bbb now has a f rating on the company mostly on warranty repairs that were done and still issues with it I wanted a good z77 board to last me for college since I am partially disabled I was disaapointed that it sound and some unstability (bios I believed)issues arised in 6 months of use yes I am going to college for computers etc I am a average builder. I have to know is this going to be a good rma experience with this company or if I am going to screwed out of my motherboard I really liked the layout even the fact it used msata which I have with win 8 on it in order for me to take the mta exam on win 8. so could anyone tell me if they had good or bad experience with their rma I insured and packed the board properly when it was sent out, even the company I bought the board from said to call them if I have a issue with asus rma so they can intervein on my behalf I am curious as to why asus has the worse rating out of all the companies that make motherboards now .:(

the tech support people were kind, helpfull and friendly aside from the hours they have, but I was able to get through just find.
24 REPLIES 24

KPRage
Level 10
Evilmustang66, Welcome to ROG.. Generally the reviews you read is more opinionated towards bad experiences.. People rarely post good things about RMAs..

I would say, follow the hakuna matata way for now.. 🙂 Don't worry mate.. You are in good hands here.. You should not have any issues as such, proved by the tech support people so far.. 🙂

However, even if you do, we are here to help you out.. There are Asus personals who can help you out in anything..:) This is the real ASUS site..:P 😉

Cheer up buddy..

KP
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂

ASUS usually respect RMA for motherboards, they are usually pretty good about it too. It should be fine.

inb4"but gorman asus does illegal practices and has terrible repair times and they give people the run around for months" that's all for laptops, we get very very few complaints about motherboard rma.

evilmustang66
Level 10
I hope it a good one cause I hate having to rma anything but lately it seems to hardware failure all around I just like my max v due to msata and I like to use all four of my 680 4gb in quad when gaming im just tired of the being down it bad enough win 8 has 3d and 2d surround issues but I cant get any college work done without my win 8 machine I thank you guys for your response very much

KPRage
Level 10
No probs buddy.. Hope the wait will be well worth it.. Feel free to ask anything you need here.. Do post back on how it goes..:)

Thanks,
KP
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂

evilmustang66
Level 10
well I am still waiting on the repair or any type of answer from them I don't know if I am going to get a working board back I have to call them mon or tue next week I need my computer back for college my r3be isn't good enough for my new professor due to using and studying win 8 and uefi in the computer field of these classes. I will keep up to date

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you are having issues please go read the North America RMA sticky thread. The person to email is Joelene her email addy is in the post.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
It has only been a week and the holiday in the middle of that. Don't panic bro. You should be in good shape.

I'm curious why you didn't come here and give 'the boys' a shot at get'n you sort'd, but hindsight is always 20/20.

You could also PM cl-Albert with the particulars (rma# and where shipped .. ect.) and see if he can get eyes on it.
Great luck in this and school. Please keep us posted as to your progress.c.

Gorman
Level 12
chrsplmr is right, 1-2 months is considered pretty good, 1 week is nothing. The upper bound is 4-6 months, if it goes longer than that then they probably sold your mobo for beer.

chrsplmr
Level 18
hahahhaa .. i heard the OP just rip hair out .. was already sweat'n .. hahhhaa .. too funny.

yep, worry not Evil .. yet.