cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Ghosting

iChun
Level 8
Hey guys,

I've been getting some pretty bad ghosting on the display, I tried ignoring it at the start but it's starting to get to me. Display is a CMO1720. Refresh rate 60Hz.

It's only obvious in some places, like on the header of the Steam window. Pretty sure it's not a software issue. Got an example of it here: http://i.imgur.com/AALWE18.jpg

Anything I can reduce/prevent it, or is it just normal for this degree of ghosting to happen? It's starting to get really distracting while gaming.
9 REPLIES 9

Pitcher1
Level 9
thanks for your feedback, could you tell more detial? like how to duplicate or what is situation occur or post photo or video, thanks.

iChun
Level 8
I linked a photo in the first post. That was a photo of me moving the mouse across the header of Steam. The mouse trailing is what I meant by ghosting.

iChun
Level 8
Another example here: http://i.imgur.com/VyPa26y.jpg

I'm just moving the mouse in circles to move the camera. As you can see the light on the ceiling leaves a trail of somewhat yellow marks where the light used to be as I rotate the camera around in circles.

minimic
Level 7
Looks like you enabled 3d Vision in your Nvidia/ATI drivers. If that is indeed not the case then there seems to be something out of sync between the GFX card and the LCD. In the old days there was a sync control in addition to the refreshrate built into projectors or displays which was used to moderate effects like ghosting so it may be a driver issue.
[MB:Asus Rampage Gene IV]/[CPU:I7 3930K C2]/[RAM:4xGskill TridentX F3-2400C10-8GTX 9-9-9-24@1600MHz]/[GFX:POV TGT GTX 670]/[CASE:Siverstone FT03]/[WC:NexXxos ST30, NexXxoS UT60,HeatKiller 3.0, laing d5]/[FANS: 5x120mm]

iChun
Level 8
I don't think its the 3D vision cause I don't even have it installed, it doesn't show up in the Nvidia Control Panel. I don't think it's software cause screencaps don't show the ghosting. Feels like something to do with the LCD.

DeltaActual
Level 12
Which 750 do you have and where did you get it?
G614JV

iChun
Level 8
G750JX - T4059H, Malaysia.

Clerbois
Level 7
Did you try with external monitor?

iChun
Level 8
Yeah. It's not happening on the external monitor.