cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oc gtx770m?

Mangame
Level 7
Hey guys,
I bought the new asus g750jx-cv038h (see signature ;)) and it has got the nvidia gtx770m with 3gb. Can I overclock the graphic card with evga precision x without brake the card or ruin before time?
I will change only the gpu and the memory clock without change voltage. In particular I change this:
706 MHz--> 771 MHz GPU clock (+ 8,4%)
1002 MHz--> 1250 MHz Memoria (+ 20%)

So I have the same clock of a gtx 780m but are there contraindications?
I read that the gtx770m is a good card for overclocking and it can go over these clock so
can I keep calm? :confused:

Thank you very much for answer.
[IMG]
23 REPLIES 23

Clerbois
Level 7
So, an italian G750?
It's the first 3D 120Hz G750 I see on this forum... so, if one day you make a summary about this screen quality (and 3D), I would be pleased. ; )
And sorry, I don't know anything about OC...

Clerbois wrote:
So, an italian G750?
It's the first 3D 120Hz G750 I see on this forum... so, if one day you make a summary about this screen quality (and 3D), I would be pleased. ; )
And sorry, I don't know anything about OC...

Hahahaha don't worry. Yes it is an Italian g750 and it has got nvidia 3d vision 2. I ordered it and so I haven't got yet but It will arrive soon and I will contact you to speak about the screen 😉
Bye
[IMG]

Thanks. Also, I would be really interested by your wifi card.
For european G750, is it still an Atheros bgn (like G75), or is it the Killer-N? (As there is no 3D G750 with wifi ac up to now...)

(And ok, no more question on your OC thread. 😉 )

Clerbois wrote:
Thanks. Also, I would be really interested by your wifi card.
For european G750, is it still an Atheros bgn (like G75), or is it the Killer-N? (As there is no 3D G750 with wifi ac up to now...)

(And ok, no more question on your OC thread. 😉 )

Sorry I don't know much about the wifi card only this: WiFi 802.11n (b/g) and I can tell you that is the same of the asus g75vx-cv006h
Bye
[IMG]

Clerbois
Level 7
If you want to see details about you wifi card, you can simply go into "device manager", and check "network adapters".
(As explained here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm)

For example, the wifi card (wifi bgn) on G75VX is indicated as: "Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter"

jsarver
Level 11
Yes use precision and max out the gpu boost clock to +135. I also was able to get 500 on memory clock. I didnt spend much time dialing in the mem clock to its max. Might be able to get more on mem especially when we get the latest drivers.

jsarver wrote:
Yes use precision and max out the gpu boost clock to +135. I also was able to get 500 on memory clock. I didnt spend much time dialing in the mem clock to its max. Might be able to get more on mem especially when we get the latest drivers.

So do you tell me to do this?

706 MHz--> 841 MHz GPU clock (+ 135)
1002 MHz--> 1502 MHz Memoria (+ 500)
[IMG]

jsarver
Level 11
Im telling you that is what mine worked at. I have never damaged a computer with overclcoking as long as you keep an eye on temps. Oc is always at your own risk though. Mine is working great though at those settings

jsarver wrote:
Im telling you that is what mine worked at. I have never damaged a computer with overclcoking as long as you keep an eye on temps. Oc is always at your own risk though. Mine is working great though at those settings

OK thanks. Do you think that with the same gpu and memory clocks as gtx780m the gtx770m will work like the 780? Or to have the same performance I have to set your gpu and memory clocks?
[IMG]