BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
Hi guys i am new to the forums and to pc gaming need some advice if posible

My systems info is

Maximus V GENE
i7-3770k CPU 3.50GHz
at the moment using 8gb RAM corsair vengance DDR3 1866GHz
w 7 ultimate 64

Originaly i instaled DDR3 from Geil (Dragon RAM) 1600MHz 8GB X 2 DC KIT CL 11-11-11-28
NOTE : in asus motherboard book they do not come under the list with the compatable DDR3 1600CHz rams.

My pc was flying never hade a pc run so fast lol with all setings on default, after 4 or 5 days i got errors and could not boot properly so i installed the windows again using 1 geil RAM and evrythink whent fine.
put in a few days ago 2 X 4GB Corsair Vengance RAM so far so good .

Unfortunatly i canot get hold of my friend that helped me set up my pc he also has the same motherboard exept diferent core i5 windows 7 with the 16GB Geil RAM kit instaled to ask him what his settings are on his pc .

Any tips would be Greatly Appreciated
14 REPLIES 14

HiVizMan
Level 40
All you need to do is go into the BIOS and select XMP profile as the mode of overclock.

F10 and enter and you are done.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Will try it out and get back to ya thanks for the superfast advice and tips 🙂

Chino
Level 15

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
Thanks you guys here are awesome :cool:
will get to it wen i finish doing a project i am on and get back to you guys with the results 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
Will check back later to see how it went.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi guys

Just instaled the DRAGONS whent into bios did the settings pressed the butons but no luck , got a blue screen telling me about MEMORY ect ect and some seconds and the end of screen ticking away so i jus turned it of wen it told me to start windows in safe mode.
reinstaled the CORSAIRS and rebooted went to bios did the thing again but put it on auto setings and i am back online again

you guys think i should send the DRAGONS back i think one of them was proly burned out 😞

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
Waiting on the shop that i got the GEIL kit to get back to me if they gona replace the rams or not ,
If they dont what would be the best choise fore me to get acording to the rest of my pc componets ?
Trying to figer it out and read stuff about Rams and CPU ect ect but not realy geting very far.

Maximus V GENE Bios 1707
i7-3770k CPU 3.50GHz
OCZ-VERTEX3 120GB
ST 1000DM003 (for storage games music films)
NVDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can test the memory kit out by running the Memtest86+ application. Use the guide found in my sig.

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
PC dont boot with one of the rams you think i should still try the mem86 test ?