cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Windows 7 64 Bit, WLAN Broadcom Drivers?

Mixxmaster
Level 7
Hello, I just purchased the G750JW and am in the process of installing Win 7 64. I have installed and got all of the drivers to work with the exception of the WLAN Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter. I can not force the only Windows 8 driver to take in Win 7. Has anyone successfully done this and can lend some help? I just can not get used to Win 8. I upgraded my HD to WD 750 GB Black x2 in RAID.... Any help is appreciated....
24 REPLIES 24

Pitcher1
Level 9
please find the WLan cheip vander driver, if you want to install Win 7, i suggest you do not make RAID.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Check Broadcom's website. They might have a general driver that you can use that is compatible with Windows 7.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

I also have a freshly purchased G750JW in which I've installed a new SSD (no raid set-up) and am having extreme difficulty getting the 802.11ac network drives to work in Windows 7 Pro, 64bit. Showing up in Control Panel with a yellow exclamation mark (can not start code 10). I tried downloads off the Broadcom site (though not positive I've found a general driver yet). I've also tried the drivers being used with Win 8. Any update attempts result in 'the best driver is already installed'. Tried searching for the cheip vander driver mentioned above, but no luck finding so far.... Surely this IS possible, right? I'm almost wishing I never bought this thing - please help... Thanks

EpIcSnIpErZ23
Level 8
The Asus PCE-AC66 Is the one that works.
Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
RAM: 12GB
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
Origin ID: DriftingSloth

Can we sticky this post for the rest of us who might want to "upgrade" from windows 8?

EpIcSnIpErZ23
Level 8
I already made a forum post about this earlier. We asked for it to be stickied but no one did anything. (BTW should've used the search function :D)
Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
RAM: 12GB
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
Origin ID: DriftingSloth

Why5400
Level 7
Thank you very, very much! I especially appreciate the links to the specific drivers you are talking about.

However, still not working- I will post my experiance with each of the scenarios. I hope it's just something stupid that I'm missing and someone can help me out....

======

The WLAN Broadcom Win8 64 Ver 63022364 yeilds the following:

Running Setup yeilds:
Setup Error
The operating system is not supported.
The software will not be installed.
Setup will now exit.

Update Driver software / Naviagting to the drivers folder yeilds:
Windows could not find drivers software for your device.

======

The WLAN Broadcom Win7 64 ver 6305991 yeilds the following:
Running Setup:
Original Posted problem, yellow exclamation mark in device manager (device can not start (code 10)) in status

=======

The Atheros AR8171 Win8 64 Lan Driver 21017 yeilds the following:

Running Setup yeilds:
Network controller is shown under Other Devices with a yellow exclamation mark

=======

The DR PCE AC66 6309526 shows the most promise, but after I Update Driver and navigate to them, It looks ok in the device manager, but always shows as disabled. I've been unable to enable or get anything out of diagnostics to work etc.
Have you led me a hundred miles and I'm stopping inches short?

========

Of course there have been MANY reboots, uninstalls, reinstalls, updates etc.

Any ideas are VERY appreciated...

Why5400
Level 7
Thanks, but still having the original problem - Only difference is now it's listed as Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter #2 ... no #1 in sight anywhere -

This really can't be that hard can it? Wow, what am I missing? Thanks again

Why5400
Level 7
I am not positive, but I thought I had been thoroughly uninstalling and rebooting prior to trying another, but I agree that there must be some sort of conflict, especially since I've now got a #2 tacked on the end. Any good way to blow away the drivers at this point? I'm almost willing to format and start again at this point - hope it's not too that extreme yet though...