cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g750JX - Screen ? Audio?

delsol9400
Level 7
Got my JX version from Amazon. I don't like the matte screen. It almost looks like you're looking through a greasy screen,
or like there's some sort of shimmer. What do you guys think about this? Are there other laptops out there with better screens and
similar specs? I guess I'm used to my new DELL 27 inch high rez screen that I edit photos on that I use with my desktop PC. I
just tried out the audio headphone jack. There's all sorts of noise and distortion that sounds like it's coming from the
computer electronics. If this were any other laptop, I'd say, "Ok, it doesn't have an external sound card", But ASUS advertised this as having an amplified headphone jack with GREAT audio. I called tech support and they told me it's probably a hardware
issue, but I can try to update the driver which I am currently downloading. Anyone else have these issues or concerns? How
does your headphone out sound? The audio quality is not nearly as good as my soundblaster card in my desktop, nor is it as
good as the integrated audio on my ASUS desktop motherboard from 2009.
12 REPLIES 12

g4vin
Level 7
I just received my g750jx and i have exactly the same audio issue with my headphone.
Perhaps, some interference between hardware and audio chipset, i dont know.

I think about calling sav too, and perhaps send back my laptop..

delsol9400
Level 7
I tried updating the RealTek driver via the asus support site, and it removes the WaveMaxx software (which seems to only try to make audio sound better on crappy speakers, but when plugged into good ones, makes it sound worse).... Anyway, the noise it still there. Calling Amazon to
send this back.

i already tried newest drivers en asus tech site, didnt change anything.
the best option could be usb sound card...

delsol9400
Level 7
I'm packing it up and sending it back to Amazon. I'm kinda sad about it because I like the laptop, and don't know what else I could get that's
better.. the hissing and popping out of the headphone jack is a little crazy...

delsol9400
Level 7
anyone think there are better options out there?

g4vin
Level 7
just received : https://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_U1_Lite_Audio_Station/

sound is completly fine now, this laptop is clrly amazing. problem solved

delsol9400
Level 7
Amazon is sending me a replacement laptop, I'll let you know if my 2nd one is bad too... If it is, I may buy what you bought... but I still don't think the output should be making as much noise as it is

delsol9400
Level 7
g4vin -- I got my replacement laptop today from Amazon, and there is NO audio problem... a little hiss but that's to be expected from laptop
audio... It actually sounds half decent. If I were you, I'd still try to return yours. Also, download and run cinebench. In my laptop with the audio problem the CPU only scored a 3.0, with the new laptop it scores a 6.94 - 7.00, the same as another user on here with a working laptop. Just wondering in the audio problem was somehow related to the CPU problem?

g4vin
Level 7
@delsol9400 :

http://i.imgur.com/IidNDTf.jpg
http://imgur.com/xOL5meg ( it s very hot in france atm ... )

dunno whats happened with your first laptop but you were definitely right to return it.