cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU LED, 00 Q-Code, about done with Asus boards

ChaoticTheory
Level 8
So, finally got in my new components (see other threads) as shown in my signature. Hook everything up, hit power, NOTHING! 00 Q-code, CPU LED lit red. I am beyond frustrated at this point, and so far past the due date to have this computer running I am at a loss for what to do. Hopefully someone here can help me solve this so I don't have to RMA ANOTHER Asus board. I am about to switch to a different brand, but I really like all the features the ROG boards have.

Here is what I have done so far:

Currently only have CPU/GPU/PSU (24/8/4 pins)/1 stick RAM (currenlty the MEMtest verified Corsair Dominator GT, still waiting on G.Skill RAM so I can return the GT ram)/Fans and front panel connectors
Cleared CMOS
Updated BIOS to 4102 using BIOS Flashback (FAT32 USB stick with R4E.CAP in ROGConnect port, hold ROG button until flashing)
Tried re-seating CPU, checked to see if there were any bent/broken pins (none seen)

Contacted Asus support, they had me remove all the RAM and test it, same result. They said bad board or CPU and to RMA, which will take a week before they can ship it out, if I give them a credit card as collateral.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
CPU: Intel i7 3970X
Mobo: Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill RipjawsX 2133MHz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7990 6GB
Cooling: Dual Loop Custom Cooling
Koolance Dual Bay Resevoir with 2 Swiftec MCP655-PWM pumps in parallel
Loop 1: CPU Dedicated with Triple Rad Alphacool UT60 Push/Pull
Loop 2: GPU Dedicated with Dual Rad Alphacool UT60
PSU: OCZ ZX 1250 Watt
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
47 REPLIES 47

Chino
Level 15
There should be a long, thin sticker on your motherboard with a barcode and a bunch of numbers. What are the last 4 digits?

ChaoticTheory
Level 8
Last 4 digits on the label by the SATA ports are 3602.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Change to your B BIOS see if that helps.

I do hope you have keyboards and mouse connected but think one can safely assume that you do.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ChaoticTheory
Level 8
Mouse and keyboard are a check 🙂 I am currently running on BIOS B, that is the one I updated so I could leave A at default.

EDIT: Not sure if this indicates anything, but the GPU fans power up for a second, then shut down for a few seconds, then power back up and run until I shut it off.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is this the same VGA as last time?

Do you have a spare VGA that you can use please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ChaoticTheory
Level 8
Graphics card is updated as well, using a new 7990. Swapped it outfor a verified working card and same thing happens

I built the system in the case, since it didn't come with a fan I just connected my liquid cooling to it, but now I wish I had a fan so I could pull it out and box-test it.Couple people had that solve the problem. Anyone have a spare laying around lol.

Having a look through my notes about this error. It does happen quite often and simply means the CPU is not initialising. While that is simple the solution is not so simple as it can be so many things.

One of the most common fixes has been to inspect the socket itself and see if there are any bits of fluff or dirt in the socket space.

Could you please do that for me.

If you have a phone please take a photo of the CPU area I want to see the PSU connectors

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you were in UK I would be round at your place tomorrow morning mate.