cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite III - Incorrect Temperatures?

Rookie
Level 7
I am monitoring OC temps on my 4670k. AI suite III reports temperatures around 10C less than what Hardware monitor reports. The delta is significant when reporting load temperatures. Idle temperatures are more or less similar on both programs. Which program is reporting accurate temps?
15 REPLIES 15

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey Rookie 🙂

Can I ask if you are running them at the same time? If so, your readings might not be so accurate from either. It is best to run only one monitoring program at a time. Two programs polling the same sensors can give faulty readings.

Having said that make sure you are comparing like with like....core temperature is what you want to look at....

maybe post up some screen captures?

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is advised not to run two sensing applications at the same time. Please decide which one you are more comfortable with and only use that one.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Rookie
Level 7
I am not using them at the same time. Here are two screenshots of AI3 and HWmon temps. Prime95 is running in the background. The first screenshot is where AI3 is the only program running. The second screenshot is where I close AI3 completely (kill the process in task manager) and then open HWMonitor. Dont understand why the delta between the two programs is so high.

Rookie
Level 7
Also on a side note, I have my 4670k OCd to 4 Ghz as you can see from the screenie. Why does AI3 report this as a 38% increase? Isnt it more like a 17% increase from stock clock of 3.4 ghz? Is this just a big, safe to ignore? or is there something wrong with my cpu/mobo?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well I'm not sure what AI suite is measuring. CPU put up like that I don't know what sensor it is reading or where. The core temps from HWmonitor are what I'd be looking at myself. But AI suite is pretty invasive and runs in the background so might interfere with HWmonitor even if you think you've killed it....and the % I don't know what that is about either....obviously can't do math.

Just for the sake of testing I would consider uninstalling AI suite and checking temps with one program installed....once you know what you've got you can always run AI suite again...

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am not going to beat around the bush. I do not install and I do not advise others to install AIsuite in any way shape or form.

The only monitoring software I use is the stand alone portable app HWmonitor. This tells me what I need to know and does not need to be installed nor use huge amounts of my system resource.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I am not going to beat around the bush. I do not install and I do not advise others to install AIsuite in any way shape or form.

The only monitoring software I use is the stand alone portable app HWmonitor. This tells me what I need to know and does not need to be installed nor use huge amounts of my system resource.

Hiviz, just wondering why you don't use AI suite?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Because I help out here in the ROG forums focusing on motherboard and overclocking problems for ROG members I get to see heaps and heaps of problems of all different kinds as you can imagine. Way to many problems are resolved by removing AIsuite.

I have used it from time to time just to see how much has changed. And sadly nothing has sufficiently changed that will induce me to include AIsuite on any of the builds I do.

Now there are many folks who do not have a single problem with AIsuite and I am very happy for them. So you make your own call and never regret. 🙂

CarpeDiemPW
Level 7
For the most part I've been quite happy with AI Suite - gave my 4770K a cracking rock solid overclock to 4.8GHz (although have since dropped it back to 4.7GHz as temps were starting to hit 80C). It does have it's oddities though... for example no matter what I set the power saving values to, the monitor and PC just will not go to sleep automatically any more. Not a massive issue as I can switch them off manually but it would be nice to know that I've got proper power saving kicking in if I forget to switch away mode on...