cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What you can expect from your ASUS 2 YR WARRANTY, my RMA story G75VW DS-72

Driver340
Level 7
I bought this Asus G75VW-DS72 on 25 Nov 2012 brand new sealed box from Canada Computers which includes full 2 year warranty to replace my G74SX and I must admit I thought this was built like a tank and it did work flawlessly until it died on the 24 May 2013, so here is my RMA story, I did speed things up alot by driving to Markham Ontario to deliver and pickup on both the 2nd and 3rd RMA.
1st Rma-(25 May)- black screen notebook dead= new motherboard, returned 4th June

2nd RMA-(06 Jun)-ASUS repair installed operating system on the 750HD instead of SSD, bluetooth not working and both usb plugs top left side intermittent=new USB card installed and op system installed on SSD as req'd, returned 11 Jun

3rd RMA-( 13 June)-kept getting blue screen with various messages including memory probs, also bluetooth still not working =two 4gb MEM cards replaced, returned 17 Jun.

4th RMA-( 20 Jun)-won't boot out of Bios screen= notebook deemed unrepairable, contact customer for swap agreement, but no contact here , just an email that they are shipping me a refurbished G75 model. Should arrive 3rd or 4th July.

i also expect that my Win8 Pro upgrade will not work now since the notebook serial number has changed.

What surprised me most was one of the last Asus customer service reps I talked to told me that my replacement would be new or upgraded, you would think with all these hassles and time spent(Asus has had my notebook for 25% of my ownership time) that there would be some compensation for inconvenience, I am totally dumbfounded by this level of service from Asus.
11 REPLIES 11

dstrakele
Level 14
Driver340 wrote:
I am totally dumbfounded by this level of service from Asus.

Unfortunately, unless you have a reseller with some pull to stand behind you, the ASUS RMA nightmares are far too common. It's probably best to withhold judgment until you actually receive and test your replacement, but it does sound like the ******* stepchild. I recommend you PM cl-Albert, the ASUS customer loyalty rep on this forum, immediately if you have any problems with it.

A G75VW IS an upgrade to a G74SX, so the Customer Service Rep you mentioned was technically correct.

I can almost see someone happily unboxing YOUR old G74SX as THEIR new replacement...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:

A G75VW IS an upgrade to a G74SX, so the Customer Service Rep you mentioned was technically correct.
I can almost see someone happily unboxing YOUR old G74SX as THEIR new replacement...

The OP bought his G75 to replace his G74. It wasn't Asus replacing the G74 under warranty.
Maybe that was what his edit to his post was about. 🙂
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD
Blu-ray Writer (Pana. UJ-260)

The G75VW I bought to replace my older G74sx

chrsplmr
Level 18
Driver340 .. sorry to hear of your issues. The amazing part of this post to me is you RMA'd out and
back 4 times in a row in 33 days. Sent and Returned in 10 days, 5 days, 4 days and 14 days the latest.
That has to be an Asus record.

Is there an issue with this unit as well, other than the serial number history ?
Is it the original serial or a sticker over the original ?
Most 'replacements' are refurbs as the centers have no 'new' stock from what
i have seen.
The Win8 upgrade will probably take a (although aggravating) microsoft verification phone call.

I would do as suggested above and PM [private messege] cl-Albert and forward him this
thread.
Maybe he can ... I have no idea ... at least maybe find out exactly what ?? Do ??

Trust me, I understand you bought New, you expect New .. but .. ect.

Best of Luck.c.

dstrakele wrote:

Sadly .. me too.
[I'd 'hahahha' but I know when OP's are trapped in RMA nightmares it's not funny to them.].c.

chrsplmr.. the reason for the quick RMA's is after taking 10 days for the first RMA I delivered and picked up on both RMA 2 and 3 to help speed up the process and I live about an hour away from the service dept in Markham Ontario, also it gave me a chance to chat with the reps there and help them by answering any other questions they might have.
I'll probably get the refurb delivered tomorrow so don't really know anything else other than the serial number which was in the email they sent me, I was just really surprised that they would send me a refurb, now I'm thinking I'm just getting someone elses rejects.
I'll try sending a pm to cl-Albert, thanks for the advice.

nirO
Level 7
lol.... asus costumer service is worst there can be.... i called one by them to tell them i want to RMA my g75vw cuz gpu overheats.... and i notice the guy on the phone was so incompetent that i left it be lol... my personal will never buy a asus product again... the warranty they give = 0

chrsplmr
Level 18
Driver340 .. personally drove it there .. hats off to you my friend.
I wouldn't worry about it being a reject until I got my hands on it ..
These come back for all kinds of reasons .. sometime there are pleasant suprises
lets hope this is one of them.

Yes by all means pm cl-Albert. Best of Luck to you.

Nir0 .. if you are in N.America please PM cl-Albert as well ... he is very competent and
many times resolves these things quickly. (yours sounds like a simple re-paste).
When you say 'overheats' are you monitoring the heat or do you mean it gets hot to
the touch ?? These monsters when gaming get really warm.
This should be in its own thread btw ..
So your opinion of customer service for Asus is based on one phone call, one warm
product and what you have read ?? Sorry to hear that.c.

well in furmark my laptop hits 92C or more... i stopped it after 5-6 min thats what i mean with overheat... playing a simple game like world of tanks bring it up to 82C.

sadly i dont live in n.america i live in greece... and after talking with greek costumer support on phone trying to explain the guy for 15-20 mins whats the problem... he asked for my email to send me a adress where i have to ship the laptop... also they would have to send it after in Chez Republic since only there is a asus service center....

anyways i gave him my email ... and never got an adress from him.. so yeah i think thats more then enuff reason not to trust them or relay on them.

I've received my replacement G75VW which is identical to replaced notebook and I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised and happy, hard to tell it is refurbished and everything works perfectly. Only thing is the 2 fan filters are missing and Asus wants me to RMA it to install them for me which I'm really not too interested in doing and I'm trying to find out how to ensure the remainder of my 2 yr warranty (17 months) is applied to this new serial number.