cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus V Extreme case

Crimsonomega
Level 7
Hello guys,

This will be my very first post on these boards so please bare with me :).

I've been collecting some new hardware recently to start my 3rd game pc project only this time I'm going to have a 3-way Sli setup instead of a single GPU.
My question is! I got no idea what case I should buy myself this time. I would like to have a tight design prefferable color is black with no other colors. I also read up some others posts that 3 GPU's will provide a lot of heat, so I'll need a good airflow in my case.
Anyhow the only suitable case I could find and which is payable is the Corsair Obsidian 800d and I would like to ask u guys if this case is any good for my setup, if not what would u recommenend me to get?

My setup is as following:

Asus Maximus V Extreme
Intel i7 3770k- This will be cooled by Corsair Hydro100i
G.Skill F3-2400C10D-16GTX
3x Asus GTX 670 DCOG
SSD Corsair Force 3
Enermax Revolutions 85 (1250W).
2TB Barracuda Seagate for storage

Please I would love to have some response about anything I've just wrote. Also if my setup isn't right just feel free to let me know or what I can do better. I love to have some advice. I hope I haven't forgotten anything if so let me know.

Regards,

Crimsonomega
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am going to toss out one question.

Any reason you are not going 4770K?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Crimsonomega
Level 7
Yes I was considering going Haswell but the reason I'm one step behind now is because I allready bought the Maximus V Extreme 2 months ago. And if I sell it now I will defonatly lose some cash on it. And honestly I'm not sure if I will see the difference between this and haswell. Im just a gamer overall

HiVizMan
Level 40
Fair answer - that takes care of quite a number or suggestions then related to PCIe lanes and multicard.

Enjoy.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

kkn
Level 14
whats the price diffrence on 2 780 and 3 670 cards?

apocalypzez
Level 10
I really like the new corsair Air 540. That's definitely on my wishlist.. the 800D might not be the best case for Air flow. The Air 540 was mainly designed to cool the GPUs...!
ASUS Maximus IX APEX || Core i7 7700K || Corsair H150i Pro || EVGA RTX 2080 Ti B.E. || G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 15-16-16-35-2N || ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 (RAID0) || WD RED 3TB x 2 || Corsair AX1200i || NZXT H700i (without the smart hub) || Dell U3011 || Windows 10 Pro x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 & Corsair Vengeance 2000 ||

Crimsonomega
Level 7
Wow That Corsair Air 540 isnt really that bad, I think it seems pretty cool actually and most of all usefull!

Edit: I am gonna pre-order this one cheerz bud^^

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have placed an order for the 540 too, cheers for the heads up about the case.

Have repped you dude.

Crimsonomega
Level 7
Same here man ^^. Have u seen the price? Its really cheap honestly

HiVizMan
Level 40
I know a case like that for under $125 (£115 at Scan) is amazing. The 900 that I was looking at is £299 here.