cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Scratch Build] Yet Another Desk

Abenlog
Level 7
After seeing several people create desk mods (l3p among them) I've decided to give it a shot myself. My main purpose is to save space and create a build that I will always want to keep. I'm making this thread to get feedback from you guys and make this process smoother. I'm going to start off by listing my hardware that I currently own. I will include comments on parenthesis for possible upgrades.
CURRENTLY OWN:

• i5 3570k[/*]
  • Asus Z77 Sabertooth[/*]
  • 128 GB M4 SSD[/*]
  • 2x1TB HDD[/*]
  • Patriot RAM (Ordering Bitspower Universal Block[/*]
  • Radeon 7970 (Need a block)[/*]
  • Corsair AX1200[/*]
  • WC Stuff:[/*]
  • Raystorm CPU block[/*]
  • XSPC EX240 rad (Will sell these and get 2x480 rads, need to choose which company)[/*]
  • XSPC EX120 rad[/*]
  • XSPC Dual D5 Res + (2) Koolance PMP-450 pumps[/*]
  • A few misc. fittings and Koolance disconnects*[/*]

Current Status: Frame has been completed and a rough wooden box has been made.
22705 22706

That is pretty much sums up where I am at this point. I will start to cut into the box I've created to create a template for the final box. If anyone wants them, I have the SketchUp files. At this moment I am leaning towards a red and black motherboard but with the right sponsorship any scheme is possible ;). I am ordering a LED RGB set to start tinkering with. Not sure if I'm going to use a colored set or UV.
3 REPLIES 3

Abenlog
Level 7
A quick update for you guys 🙂

I've brought the wooden box to my house. I showed the rough box to my girlfriend and she promptly decided it was awkward. So, I'm going to shorten the desk by 10 inches, bringing the total length to 50 inches. *I took this time to teach my girlfriend how a jig saw works....please don't mind the horrible cutting in the upcoming pictures.

A few things to note here. I was orginially going for dual 480 rads in the back but since I lost 10 inches, I'm dropping down to two 360 rads(240 rad in the pictures for reference). Shouldn't be too bad ;). I will be mounting the psu to the back by removing the fan grill screws and getting longer screws to run a fan guard and hold the power supply up at the same time. Finally, that Asus ROG Formula board is so good looking in person, I'm trying to match the red to a few other things in the build. Stay tuned!

kkn
Level 14
nice nice, easy to fix if eny thing goes bad or a bad cut 🙂
best ting to test is if you can fit your knees/feets under the bottom of the case to see if it fits, whit you sitting on a chair ) and rest your arms on the top side.

Abenlog
Level 7
Yeah that's the idea of doing this rough template! You can't see it in these pics but I'm going to keep the mobo to the left to give me room to cut a slope in the middle section for knees. I made the height to be perfect for my arms 🙂