cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Extreme WIFI Problem

Tim_Skywalker
Level 7
I just built my first EVER pc, and I finished last night. Everything is working flawlessly except there is a code A0 that I have no idea what that means. So far my pc is running very nice except that I CANNOT get to the internet. I've installed the mini thing on the motherboard and set it up properly according to Manual. I also tried to connect it via ethernet, and it just didn't work. I've reinstalled Driver from CD that comes with the motherboard, and it didn't work either.

I'm new to building pc, and it's a miracle that I could build this thing without any computer knowledge (at least to me). please help me here.

System Specs:

Corsair 900D
H110
32 GB 1866 Dominator Platinum
GTX 770
Seasonic 860 XP2
840 Pro 128GB

Thank you in advance
11 REPLIES 11

Kwami
Level 7
Do you have any of the Ai Suite III software installed? I had the same problem as you until I uninstalled that software. I assume that it's a problem with one of the two WiFi apps.

goto start-control panel-System-device manager: do you have any exclamtion point (!) that are yellow?

A0 i think means A-okay, thats what mine shows when im in windows; theyres a breakdown of all the cause codes in the manual, i never bothered to read it tho 😛

seems like you have a network issue, i bet you all the network controllers(the wired ethernet,and the wireless card add on) are working,if your dont see any yellow ! you should be good on drivers;

to find out, do this, goto start,in run window type 'cmd' without quotes, type 'ipconfig' without quotes, if your getting a IP address,and you will see an output for EVERY network driver: make sure you look for wireless or wired in the device decription of the output. (169.X.X.X.X is autoconfig ip,you dont want that. , most likely youl have a 192.x.x.x.x address,and a default gateway. browse to the default gateway using a internet browser (i goto firefox,i type in 192.168.1.1, and hit go) if you can do that,you PC is good to go, your rtr and or modem might not be working.

Elucidator
Level 7
I had this kind of problem too. I had internet for just a very limited time.
our set is similar.

on Windows 8: Ethernet and WiFi are not working well.
WiFi is not working. Ethernet is not working very well.

on Windows 7: Ethernet is working. WiFi not.

Jim-M4EZ
Level 7
Have you tried re-installing the WiFi driver from the ASUS M6E web page -> Support -> Download -> Wireless :
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_EXTREME/#support_Download
Select your OS, & scroll down to the "Wireless" driver ...

Notice that the date on the Wireless driver is 07/01/13 :

... this is an update from the original 06/03/13 posting from ASUS (for Z87 boards).
It's the same driver version #, but the 7/1/13 download works better ...

Assume you did install the Intel LAN driver v.18.1 ...

... best of luck with your new M6E rig ... :cool:
- M4EZ - 1: 3510 - 2: 1004 / i7-2600K / Redline 2133 16GB / Win7 Pro x64
- v.3510 / 8.0.0.1351 - v.8.1.0.1263 / 10.8.0.1303 - v.11.2.0.1006
- RevoDrive3x2 240GB - OS / Vector 256GB x2 RAID0 - OS / Vertex3 MI 120GB - OS / P'9230 3.0 2TB - B/U
- 9260-8i BBU - CacheCade Pro Vertex3 120GBx2 RAID0 SSD Caching - Const ES SAS RAID10 GHS - Data
- GTX580 3GB HC2 / Xonar Essence STX / ST1200G / TJ10B-W / ZR30w / SP 2500 2.1
- Water: Swiftech/Koolance/Tygon/EVGA/MIPS - Wind: SST/Noctua/Cougar

Tim_Skywalker
Level 7
Thanks guys for the help here. Unfortunately, I couldn't resolve the issue but return the motherboard back to the store. I'm moving on to VI GENE.

Zebeyo
Level 10
Wait... you gave it less than 4 days here in the forum and then you move on to a motherboard that is likely to have the same issues due to similarity? Without even responding to any of the help suggestions? Then why even make a post on the forum in the first place?

Hey guys, same problem here. WiFi worked fine for the first few weeks then a few days ago it stopped picking up any signals. Tried uninstalling the software and re-installing the drivers but nothing still. Working with a cheapo usb transmitter and would really like to get my dual band ac back up and thought I'd try here for some ideas and suggestions before I dig in and remove and re-install the card.

rismROG
Level 8
You guys with problems can you confirm something for me pls?? If you do a file transfer via WiFi AND open the resource monitor, does your WiFi speed halve?

And then if you minimise the resource window / not close it, does the speed then pick back up??
I've asked elsewhere but no one has this problem but then not the same *new* hardware.

Im M6E plus 4770-K plus Win 8 Pro.

Trying to work out which one of those is the offending bottleneck. Got money on the chip.

Below the red dashes are photoshopped in and the points where I've maximised the window and it drops off, then if I minimise again it picks back up. So anywhere where it's green above the black line is where I have the window minimised.

So basically like a watched pot, the transfer wont boil if I keep my peepers on it. It's a curly one.

Bitrate is sub par any way but this window view = speed kill business is a terror.

JimmyH
Level 10
Hey Tim, just so you know, the WiFi/Bluetooth does not come standard with the VI Gene. It is purchased separately