cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4700HQ overclocking

roryh86
Level 7
Greetings.

I thought I'd start this thread with the hope of talking about something positive on this board, as it seems everybody's complaining. I'm happy with my G750JW, I actually love it. Very sleek design, quality materials and quite a beast for its low price. I can't understand all the negativity here to be honest. I haven't noticed issues with my screen, but I plan on replacing it with a AUO B173HW01 V5 anyway, from the reviews I read it sounds very worthwhile for an $80 investment.

Anyway, I've been scouting the internet trying to find any information about Haswell mobile overclocking, specifically our 4700HQ but to no avail. I understand that it will most probably require a modified bios. I don't plan on setting records here but I'd love to see if we can get this thing clocked to a 4800MQ. Would like to hear your opinions on whether this will be possible 😄
83 REPLIES 83

PPanda
Level 8
May I ask what your Idle/Load/Stress temperatures are for your 4700HQ at stock in the JW?

Mine are:

Idle: 50c
Load: 85c
Stress: 100c

PPanda wrote:
May I ask what your Idle/Load/Stress temperatures are for your 4700HQ at stock in the JW?

Mine are:

I'll get back to you with those PPanda, away for the weekend.

PPanda wrote:

Mine are:

Idle

Load

I'm not gonna do the stress test as I believe its unnecessary. Rendering is pretty much the maximum stress my laptop, and pretty much 99% of us is ever gonna put on the laptop realistically. I think its possible to get lower temps by changing the thermal paste, but that's if we find a way to overclock this first 😉

delsol9400
Level 7
is AUO B173HW01 V5 glossy? or does it come in matte version that isn't as grainy?

roryh86 wrote:
Greetings.

I thought I'd start this thread with the hope of talking about something positive on this board, as it seems everybody's complaining. I'm happy with my G750JW, I actually love it. Very sleek design, quality materials and quite a beast for its low price. I can't understand all the negativity here to be honest. I haven't noticed issues with my screen, but I plan on replacing it with a AUO B173HW01 V5 anyway, from the reviews I read it sounds very worthwhile for an $80 investment.

Anyway, I've been scouting the internet trying to find any information about Haswell mobile overclocking, specifically our 4700HQ but to no avail. I understand that it will most probably require a modified bios. I don't plan on setting records here but I'd love to see if we can get this thing clocked to a 4800MQ. Would like to hear your opinions on whether this will be possible 😄

iMurderous
Level 7
so any overclocking?

iMurderous wrote:
so any overclocking?

Not that I know of yet.

PPanda
Level 8
Thank you! I'll run Cinebench 11.5 and compare to 85c.

Oh man... 98c Max, sat around 96c.

I'll be RMAing for repaste Tuesday...

Hopefully this thread can help others decide if their temps are normal or if they got a bad paste job like me.

I ran cinebench and highest temp my CPU hit was 85c
Asus G750JW-DB71