cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Power Phase Control Grayed out in BIOS....Its stuck on extreme

jpsgaming
Level 8
Hiya,

As the title sais, My CPU Power Phase Control is Set to extreme and is Grayed out. I cant change it...

Id rather set it to optimized since my OC is @ 4.5 with Voltage offset....and I've read Extreme is not needed unless its past 4.8GHz

Any ideas why it would be grayed out so i cant change it? Did I change something elsewhere that would have caused this option to stay grayed out and set at extreme?

Or am I worrying to much?
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you please list your hardware so we can help you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You have set current capability too high....set 130% or less 120% say and you should get the option back....for 4.5 you will not need that much current...I hope....

HiVizMan
Level 40
I take it then Arne that you have done this yourself in the past?

Repped buddy good reply.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ah ok. I did have the current capability set to 180% lol...I read that was the normal for the settings.

My hardware is a rampage IV extreme
3930K @ 4,5 Using offset "- minus" and .30 which runs it at a max of 1.35 volts when loaded and around 0.8556 when idle

Im using XMP for the ram settings since Im not a ram expert. ITs corsair Vengeance 1600, 16 GB

VTT and VCSSA are at 1.15

CPU load line = High
CPU Current capability was at 180% but I will lower that to 120% as recommended above.

CPU VCSSA Load line = High

I

I reduced current capability to 120% and got back the option and changed CPU Phase power control to Optimized.

A am also going to reduce the VCSSA load line calibration from High to medium as well since I just read that was recommended for most overclocks.

EDIT - never mind for VCSSA load line only settings are auto, reguler, high and extreme. So I will leave it at high.

HiVizMan wrote:
I take it then Arne that you have done this yourself in the past?

Repped buddy good reply.

😮 yep I have... and also spent a lot of time in BIOS lately so seen it recently....*sigh*

@jpsgaming good stuff.....CPU LLC doesn't really need to go over MED for these kind of clocks and the current capability at 120% will be sweet...optimized runs the VRM with less heat so better...

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL anything to do with your participation of the Summer Sizzler or the saga of the CPU?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah the CPU saga...LOL

PS jpsgaming...wherever you read that stuff you want to stop reading 😉 have a look here instead...http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5835-ASUS-Rampage-IV-Extreme-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking&co...