cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First timer Water cooling RIVE / EK L 360

Detleg
Level 12
Well here it goes, please comment, suggest, correct what ever it takes to make this setup right.
For me it took me hours to think this trough, before i jump in and be all gung ho
After a lot of reading, googling and far most pm'ing Arne to death. (thanks Man), i got the parts in to start LC.
I will not post pics from the unpacking, layout etc. I had a plan on how i wanted it but of course that didn't work out.
the 360 Rad. with 3 fans would not fit under my case (InWin GRone) 8 pin pwr. cable in the way.
So I decided to put on top of the case with a push/pull config. going in the case.
when setting up the the fans (Corsair SP 120 PWM) to fit the Rad. the screws where just right and did not hit the ribs/fins, if you use the supplied screws.

Now to find the right place for the pump, I dont want to go the way the manual says and i like to keep the loop as short as i can. I had to drill 2 holes to place the bracket, right behind the drive bays, halfway up so its easier to get to and still room for future upgrades, like the GPU's. second Rad, bigger Res.

<<<

Cpu block was a breeze, though i might screwed up with the thermal paste, but we will see.
no inlet was mentioned so i came in on top, (that don't sound right) but its a bit logical to me, i might be wrong... let me know guys/gals.

I know I know the n00b still has the mem, and cards in...they will be removed before the leak test 😄
So here is the one thing i questioned from the manual it might be all the same but i went my way:

Pump>>>Block in>>>>Block out>>>>>Rad in>>>>Rad out>>>>>Res>>>>>>

Manual way: Pump>>>>Rad in>>>>Rad out>>>>Block in>>>Block out >>>>Res.
which is better? Critical.... please let me know asap!!!!

<<<

Hoses, and fittings all tight up and double checked.

Unplugged everything from the PSU besides one 4 pin molex cable. jumped the 24pin, covered the board and psu with towels.

Filled Res with Distilled Water (No additives only Silver coil) until almost full.... turned power on.... kept filling until all air was bleed out, pump never ran dry.
so far (2 hours no leaking) constantly spot checking.

More to come....

Sorry for the Grammatical errors, I got an excuse I'm an Ex Kraut :cool:

And again, thanks Arne for the support, I appreciated.
170 REPLIES 170

graphic
Level 11
nice work man, congrats
lol, tbh the last time only checked for leaks for maybe
half and hour, after that straight into ocing 🙂
enjoy you build man, very nice

kkn
Level 14
nice nice, now lets hope the screencard/s can fit in there 😉

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice one Detleg! I thought you were using Mountain Dew for coolant for a second 😉

The order I don't quite understand...in that last pic you have pump-rad-cpu-res-pump it looks like. All good.

Just wondering like kkn.....your GPUs fit in OK with the pump oriented like that? hard to tell from this angle....

I forgot to mention I will have 2 more fans coming today + 4x4 of 2400 Corsair Platinum CL 9 PC3 19200.

Detleg
Level 12
Thanks guys....LOL at screen card never heard that before, well ( Bildschirm Karte) yes they fit, the case is deep enough, and also bottom of pump is 1/4 " higher above the gpu.
Arne the back hose behind the res. is going into the block, then out to the rad. the one you talking about is the return line. you can also feel the water flow trough the hose, its got some power lol, I got to have my Mt. Dew thats one reason i couldn't live in Europe no more

HiVizMan
Level 40
Looking good mate

As to the route you are using, it makes no difference at all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Detleg
Level 12
Thanks HiViz and good to know, still the manual one looks kinda fishy.
i guess 6 fans is getting to much, need to get a fan controller now lol

Retired
Not applicable
Is that the EK (industrial tubing)??, that smell like %¤%¤/&¤

Retired
Not applicable
great!!!!

Good to see you got to start working..