cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset UIEFI administrator password how to

welemski
Level 7
Hi guys!

Would like to know if anyone in here has done something like resetting administrator's password in UIEFI before.

Do please take note I am only human and I am capable of doing stupid things like adding admin password and not remembering them and please be gentle with me.

If resetting the admin password in the bios is not possible how much does it cost if I will send my laptop to the service center just to reset the password?

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Apexing
Level 9
would say you should try the asus support number/email since they should want to see proof of purchase befor helping.

Apexing wrote:
would say you should try the asus support number/email since they should want to see proof of purchase befor helping.

I would not worry about proof of purchase 🙂 I did sent my laptop before due to HDD failure and ASUS service center here in Singapore was kind enough to deliver the laptop too 😉

Plus I did registered my g75vx under my name

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welemski .. Sorry to hear this .. don't feel to bad, we have all done something similar to this in the past.

Did you register your G @ vip.Asus back in December when you got it ?
PM cl-Albert and see if he has any suggestions on how to proceed.c.

Tomislav
Level 11
I'm not 100% sure but it should be possible. Did you check your bios settings? What operating system do you have? On win 7 it's easy to access bios , it's a bit complicated in win 8 if fast boot is on, but there is a way...give us some more info,maybe we can help,or at least try.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

welemski
Level 7
Just wanted to know if anyone in here was able to reset the password in the bios. If it's easy enough I would like to try it myself however if it's impossible then I have no choice but to go to ASUS service center for the 2nd time.

Thanks!

I don't think that you can without knowing the password, since it is in the system at such a low level. If you know the password, go in and change it to an empty password, or disable it.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
I don't think that you can without knowing the password, since it is in the system at such a low level. If you know the password, go in and change it to an empty password, or disable it.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, if you don't remember it-then I must say it's beyond my knowledge.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

Well there was a thread a while back where someone was removing the actual BIOS Chip and replacing it with a different one, this involved soldering. Reading the thread it seem pretty complicated getting it to work again. I think I would send it in myself or deal with Asus Repair to solve you problem.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Dreamonic
Level 12
The Administrator password is for BIOS boot settings not Post password for booting (User password.)

You can easily clear the Administrator password by simply updating your BIOS or by dumping your current one IN Windows (if you don't want to update versions) then link me the file so I can clear it on my side and give it back to you to flash over (this method is preferred.)

PM me if you have questions.