cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platform 2013 - Hull, UK - ROG custom PC Showcase - Bring your PC

Chewitt
Level 10

Hello Fellow ROGers,

So the Ladies and Gents at the Republic of Gamers have been kind enough to let me post this up and i hope that you will all be interested.

So What is Platform 2013?

The UK's Largest independent Gaming and Content creation Expos.

When is Platform 2013?

November 15th / 16th

What is going on this year?

Multiple Tournaments sponsored by Mad Catz and Live Streamed in partnership with Hauppauge.
Showcases from local talent.
Sponsors:

KC - http://www.kc.co.uk/
Mad Catz - http://www.madcatz.com
Confirmed Attendees:

Replay Events - http://www.replayevents.com/

Locations:

Queen Victoria Square - Ticket Management and Outdoor Activities
City Hall - Main Exhibition Centre
Frenes Are Gallery - Speakers
Guild Hall - Seed Funding and Workshops (TBC)
Princes Quay - e-Sports Arena, Custom PC Showcase and Media Hub

How do ROG fall in with the plans?

We all love our PC's and spend time modifying and creating them, if it was a modified or custom car you would take it to a car show and so with a PC you should be able to take it to a PC Show right?
At Platform 2013 we will have an area for Custom and Modified PC's where people can come and see the worlds best custom PC, the ones made by ROGers.

How do i take part? So you already have your custom PC or you are in the process of building it or will be in November then you can come down and bring your PC to Platform 2013 and show it of, demo your overclocking abilities, show your watercooling prowess anything you want really as long as it shows of your PC.

All ROG member PC's on display will automatically get free entry for the days they wish to show of their PC on as well as automatic entry into the following competitions.

Best in Show
Best Watercooled modification
best Air cooled modification
Best Scratch Build
Best Modification/Customisation
Highest CPU Core Speed

Although i would love to do an overclocking competition or such we dont have the partners in place to make sure we had an even playing field but we will have a highest GHz and the benchmark that will be used to validate a stable system will be our very own ROG RealBench due to its growing reputation.

Any questions feel free to ask, we will also be doing an exclusive ROG Ticket that all members of the ROG community can access at a discount but more details about that will be put up in a month or two.

Q&A:

Q: I am a company that makes custom PC's am i ok to attend this for free and rep my company?
A: Yes you are but your space will be limited and if you really want to show your kit off you would be better as an exhibitor, you will still be in the same place as the other PC's and wont be hidden away at the back of a room or such and as you are a ROGer you will be special treatment from Chewitt.

Q: I want to completely build a PC at the event for people to see am i ok to do this and how will you stop people running off with my kit while i am fiddling with a MoBo screw?
A: We will make sure that if you are going to be doing something we class as risky that if you need a barrier we provide one to keep your kit safe while you concentrate, although if you want to bring a friend to talk to people and explain what you are doing that is cool and the friend will also get in for free.

Q: I want to bring a multi-monitor setup can i?
A: Sure you can we want the PC Showcase to make all the Console players bow down and kiss farther of all consoles feet so the more impressive the better.

Q: What can i do on my PC while im at the show?
A: Feel free to play games, run benchmarks anything you want to really its your PC (Just no 18+ Special content if you get my drift)
CPU - AMD Phenom II 555 OC'd and UCC'd to Phenom II B55 at 3709MHz
RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast
MoBo - ASRock 890GX Extreme3
GPU - Asus HD 6850 Direct CU
SDD - 240GB Kingston HyperX

ROG RealBench Score = TBB
31 REPLIES 31

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Dude, you so better get a tonne of pics!!! if not, I won't be a happy Myk 😛 I take it you're going of course 😉

Yeah i will be there i am one of the 3 guys the run the whole of the Platform Expos, i completely run the Platform e-Sports series as well as manage the social and visual media distribution and the advertising.

Its taken 4 years to build up but this year we will have Next Gen pre launch, in the past we have had exclusives from Sony such as the first UK viewing of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play so we are getting some great achievements and keep growing year on year by at least 50%.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Awesome mate!!! send me some freebies 😛 😉 :cool:

lol if i had some it would be great..

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would love to attend my friend. I have always wanted to have 4 players going at deathmatch or similar on extreme OC systems. Did a LN2 CPU and VGA 4 way lan once.

Insane FPS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chewitt
Level 10
Spot on,

I will PM you more details tomorrow once i have the ROG Tickets on our ticket management system and then i can get you it all sorted out. Wouldn't it be great if we could get all of the UK's top PC's on RealBench together to say that we have the UK's fastest and most highly tuned PC's all in one place 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers will chat about the top 4 UK guys tomorrow.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chewitt
Level 10
Cool spot on.

Chewitt
Level 10
So we have 3 ROGers on board already.

We will also be holding classes for PC Modding such as sleeving, cable management, etc and we are looking for sponsors for those classes so if you happen to own a PC company that sells these products and want to sponsor a class fire me a PM and we will get hooked up.