cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can some1 vefiry my OC :P

kermeli
Level 7
Hey new here, got this sexy maximus v gene board yesterday and made some overclockin' with it!

first of all i followed this guide http://rog.asus.com/184142012/maximus-v-motherboards/guide-overclocking-the-core-i5-3570k-to-4-5ghz-... i used Ai overclock tuner XMP profile to set up my memory settings.

I upped the cpu ratio all the way to 47 (4.7ghz) LLC i set to ultra high with FIXED vcore of 1.25V, while on windows it goes from
1.248-1.256, using intel burn test i got 83C as highes core temp. No kernel Whea errors so far whatsoever, the only voltage i have adjusted is the cpu voltage.

Am i good to go :P? Should i disable spread spectru, all the c3 states? i used to disable them with my z77 extreme4, but so far im stable so is it needed

thank you :cool:

35 REPLIES 35

djdelirius
Level 10
You are verified! Can you elaborate on the problem?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm I see nothing here so either it's a really bad OC or it's so good it's like faster than light good kermeli 😉

Ok, this is a weird thread....it shows no replays even after ctrl f5

Retired
Not applicable
it always gets like this, when running at intel spec ;o)

Ahh...now its showing arne started the thread. I think I saw a gremlin

Retired
Not applicable
aha, Its Arne..

Dont be shy Arne, we will help you.. need help to set the ram speed?

LOL weird thread....

Yes please...help...I'm having difficulty OCing with no CPU in the socket I have poured in some water to see if cooling helps...will start up and let you know....

Retired
Not applicable
i7 990X only likes water from a virgin spring , when running on the R4E

You need to sprinkle it with great care, during boot up.. Or else you could lose your sata ports.

yes Arne i verify, its a good OC 😛