cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Keyboard Backlight Controls

ROB2
Level 7
Hi there!

I have had my G75VW for about two weeks, and it's a great machine. I have had some issues with software, but it seems to have leveled out and is working correctly on Win7 Ultimate x64 with all my games taking max settings without issue.

My only issue thus far is with the keyboard backlight. It taunts me with a brief illumination on startup(meaning the cables are properly connected to give it power) but then it goes away once Windows is loaded fully, and the Fn + F3/F4 don't seem to do a darn thing. All of the other FN buttons work perfectly, and I have the latest(from the ROG site) ATK package installed.

Is this like a Windows-8-only feature? Is there some additional driver I missed that wasn't on the ROG downloads page? That would be most disappointing, as Win 8 is atrocious in all forms, and I won't be using it.

Cheers,
Rob
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

The G75VW supports both Win7 and Win8, so you should be able to use the keyboard backlight in Win7 too and it works in my Win7 G75VW unit.
If necessary, you can find all the G75VW Win7 drivers at the ASUS Download site here.

1. When you press other Fn keys like Fn+F5/F6 do you see an onscreen display that shows the screen brightness level?

2. Which ATK package version do you see installed under add/remove programs?

3. Do you see any unknown devices in your device manager?

Good luck!

Snofa95
Level 7
I have the same problem.. And yes the brightness Icon popps up. But in my case, the "turn off/on touchpad" button on f8 does not work either..

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
For the touchpad on/off button you also need to install the touchpad driver/software from the ASUS download site in addition to the atk driver.

Also, if you're still interested in working on the keyboard backlight more, please provide the details requested above like the atk driver version you are running.