New ROGer Array

g75v bios password problem, yes i have searched

Ok guys I have searched. My laptop is not stolen so please do not say that. I traded my MacBook pro for it last year to a guy how was leaving for military duty and wanted something smaller. I left the country a few months ago and put a bios password on just in case my laptop was stolen. I finally got tired of having to enter my password in so I went into bios and removed my password. Underneath I saw user password and say it said it was set. This was blank before as I had no idea what it was. So I left it alone and just blanked out my bios password. Now I am locked out of my laptop for this stupid user password. I have spoken with Asus and they have sent me an rma for return. But I am lost as to why you would have 2 passwords setup to keep you from going into windows. I have contacted the guy I traded to and he said he never even knew how to get into the bios. As stated above I never set this password. I really don't want to ship this thing and pay what I am sure is going to cost an arm and a leg for something simple. I don't understand that even if the guy I traded had put a password on, why all of a sudden is it asking for it. I had it 8 months before I even left the country and set a bios password. Any one that might can help please let me know. I use this thing for work as well as gaming but more work than anything right now.

New ROGer Array

never mind that question lol i guess one of my ex did it she over here see me packing it up for rma return and said she did it when i piss her off one night
    its back up and running again YAY

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

LOL that a good one
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

if you forget password, you will sent to service center to reset, but, why have two password in the BIOS, i guess, it is difference authority using on the BIOS.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kramykram75 View Post
    never mind that question lol i guess one of my ex did it she over here see me packing it up for rma return and said she did it when i piss her off one night...
    WOW! That's pretty diabolical by your ex. Better not turn your back or you might get krammed... Oops! Too late!

I was going to recommend you PM @Dreamonic on this forum. He posted a good solution to this type of issue in another recent thread. He seems like a pretty scary guy to me though.. He may even know your ex!
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT