cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vcore wont change when cpu is at IDLE

Retired
Not applicable
OK I just got this board and haven't touched nothing and at 1600mghz my 2500k will idle at 1.21 Vcore! this should be like .96 or so shouldn't it?
18 REPLIES 18

paul878
Level 7
I am experiencing the same problem, my 26900k idle at 1.248v and drop to 1.184v at full load. Other people idle under 1v at idle are goes up according to cpu load.

paul878 wrote:
I am experiencing the same problem, my 26900k idle at 1.248v and drop to 1.184v at full load. Other people idle under 1v at idle are goes up according to cpu load.

Ensure C1E and SpeedStep are active in UEFI and also that Windows is set to Balanced power profile.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Ensure C1E and SpeedStep are active in UEFI and also that Windows is set to Balanced power profile.

-Raja

I load up optimized defaults, change C1E from auto to Enabled.
Windows power is set at Balanced, but the voltage still don't change.

The cpu jumps between 1.6ghz and 3.8ghz, but the voltage at idle is 1.248v and at load is 1.184v.

paul878 wrote:
I load up optimized defaults, change C1E from auto to Enabled.
Windows power is set at Balanced, but the voltage still don't change.

The cpu jumps between 1.6ghz and 3.8ghz, but the voltage at idle is 1.248v and at load is 1.184v.

You have to put your cpu into Offset mode for the voltage to change, you need to change your phase control to standard instead of extreme and then change your cpu mode from manual to offset mode and it will drop the voltage.

Carnaged wrote:
You have to put your cpu into Offset mode for the voltage to change, you need to change your phase control to standard instead of extreme and then change your cpu mode from manual to offset mode and it will drop the voltage.

THANKS!

🙂 that did it, I now Idle at 0.888v and surfing the web under 1v.

paul878 wrote:
THANKS!

🙂 that did it, I now Idle at 0.888v and surfing the web under 1v.

No problem I had a similar issue myself, just out of interest what is you voltage on full load now like when you boot into windows? Is it 1.240v? Not when you prime or bench but as it loads in?

Also what memory do you run 1600 - 1866mhz I'm just trying to rule a few things out on my current issue if you wouldn't mind.

Carnaged wrote:
No problem I had a similar issue myself, just out of interest what is you voltage on full load now like when you boot into windows? Is it 1.240v? Not when you prime or bench but as it loads in?

Also what memory do you run 1600 - 1866mhz I'm just trying to rule a few things out on my current issue if you wouldn't mind.

With NO overclocking, I get 1.262v according to cpuid at the desktop, I am running 16G memory at 1600.

When I overclock to 45x the voltage goes up to 1.442v.
My cpu run at 4.5ghz at 1.335v stable, so I set offset to -0.045 in the bios.
With the offset I get 1.344v running prime, so far so good.

paul878 wrote:
With NO overclocking, I get 1.262v according to cpuid at the desktop, I am running 16G memory at 1600.

When I overclock to 45x the voltage goes up to 1.442v.
My cpu run at 4.5ghz at 1.335v stable, so I set offset to -0.045 in the bios.
With the offset I get 1.344v running prime, so far so good.

Thanks for the information, do you run your own timings or use the xmp profile?

I find that if I choose xmp profile for my memory timings in the ai overclock I think it is it sets my voltage to 1.328v so I have to set a negative offset of 0.090v to get it back to 1.256.

Carnaged wrote:
Thanks for the information, do you run your own timings or use the xmp profile?

I find that if I choose xmp profile for my memory timings in the ai overclock I think it is it sets my voltage to 1.328v so I have to set a negative offset of 0.090v to get it back to 1.256.

I just set them at 1600, the asus preset profile set the voltage too high.