Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Maximus VI GENE out of stock everywhere?

I've been waiting on an ASUS MAXIMUS VI GENE for a few weeks now from Amazon. I've noticed that it's not available on Newegg or Amazon. Amazon doesn't even list it as available from them directly anymore. Was there some production issue that's being fixed (such as addressing the squealing noise) or were they recalled for some reason? I really want to finish my mATX build and all I'm missing is the motherboard

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Welcome to the ROG forums, soulesschild.

ROG products have a reputation of selling fast. Don't know if you have a MicroCenter nearby. But they have it in stock for $209.99.

ROG Member Array

Thanks for the heads up! I was just worried because Amazon de-listed it. I'll wait another week and if it doesn't pan out, hope that MC still has it in stock

ROG Member Array

Hopefully its just them selling out of the C1 chipsets with the USB3.0 bug. I think the new C2's are suppose to start shipping soon-ish.
    Last edited by Arallu; 07-12-2013 at 09:31 PM.

ROG Member Array

Or is it the case that ASUS have temporarily halted supply of the board as they have realised that the first issue variant was indeed faulty. The similarity in the faults being experienced and reported by owners in the threads of this forum can’t be any coincidence and suggest more of a genric problem with the board.

I have decided to RMA mine when it comes back in stock at SCAN so I do hope ASUS are going to be resupplying retailers with new M6GENE’s that are fixed. But time will tell. In sticking with this Board and ASUS, I am remained of the proved.... “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me”....

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by fakedogwalker View Post
    Or is it the case that ASUS have temporarily halted supply of the board as they have realised that the first issue variant was indeed faulty. The similarity in the faults being experienced and reported by owners in the threads of this forum can’t be any coincidence and suggest more of a genric problem with the board.

I have decided to RMA mine when it comes back in stock at SCAN so I do hope ASUS are going to be resupplying retailers with new M6GENE’s that are fixed. But time will tell. In sticking with this Board and ASUS, I am remained of the proved.... “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me”....
    This possibility is what I both fear and hope for.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was having the Q-Code 00 problem just like many others. RMA'ed the board to Newegg and currently they are out of stock, which gives me two options: try to get a refund and order the same board from Tiger Direct (in stock), or wait until Newegg has received new stock. I did not RMA to ASUS because 1) I get free return shipping to Newegg and 2) I expected the timeline to be much faster.

Now, if indeed the first versions of the board were faulty, waiting for Newegg to restock may save me from having another RMA nightmare. If not, I'd rather get the board as soon as I can from Tiger Direct. Not knowing is the rub.

At this point, I am just really tired of waiting. I waited from March to June for Haswell to come out, then throughout June for the M6G to become available. When I had all the parts in hand and the M6G would just not work, I was so disappointed and depressed. The kicker is that while I'm waiting, the laptop I'm using has an AMD chip that AMD stopped manufacturing in 2002. I get around 10 FPS trying to watch a 720p video on YouTube, and that's the least of it. I know that as fellow gamers and computer geeks you can feel my frustration. I just want to complete the computer that I've been trying to build.

The ASUS mods and employees in this forum, as far as I've seen, are excellent at engaging users and providing guidance. This aspect was actually the deciding factor in my choice of buying an ASUS motherboard, and it is probably the single bright light left in this situation. Nevertheless, if the case is that ASUS messed up and mass produced/sold a faulty version of the board, I don't believe that corporate policy will allow them the transparency to admit it. But I really hope I am wrong.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Superglu View Post

I'm in the same boat as you. I was having the Q-Code 00 problem just like many others. RMA'ed the board to Newegg and currently they are out of stock, which gives me two options: try to get a refund and order the same board from Tiger Direct (in stock), or wait until Newegg has received new stock. I did not RMA to ASUS because 1) I get free return shipping to Newegg and 2) I expected the timeline to be much faster.

Now, if indeed the first versions of the board were faulty, waiting for Newegg to restock may save me from having another RMA nightmare. If not, I'd rather get the board as soon as I can from Tiger Direct. Not knowing is the rub.

At this point, I am just really tired of waiting. I waited from March to June for Haswell to come out, then throughout June for the M6G to become available. When I had all the parts in hand and the M6G would just not work, I was so disappointed and depressed. The kicker is that while I'm waiting, the laptop I'm using has an AMD chip that AMD stopped manufacturing in 2002. I get around 10 FPS trying to watch a 720p video on YouTube, and that's the least of it. I know that as fellow gamers and computer geeks you can feel my frustration. I just want to complete the computer that I've been trying to build.

The ASUS mods and employees in this forum, as far as I've seen, are excellent at engaging users and providing guidance. This aspect was actually the deciding factor in my choice of buying an ASUS motherboard, and it is probably the single bright light left in this situation. Nevertheless, if the case is that ASUS messed up and mass produced/sold a faulty version of the board, I don't believe that corporate policy will allow them the transparency to admit it. But I really hope I am wrong.
    I know how you feel man. I've got all my parts sitting on my floor just taunting me every day. Takes a lot of will power to not just cave in and buy another mATX board and just resell it once the Gene is back in stock (I want the red/black color scheme mostly since I've already bought red ram, made my red sleeved cables, etc ><)

ROG Member Array

I do feel the pain of all of those who are either waiting to buy the M6G or waiting to RMA one for one that actually works. Not that I ever expected ASUS to say we got it wrong first time around with our Haswell M6G (and I suspect M6E looking at the forum posts and some of the website reviews). But I have had my rant in other posts and sadly for me the damage is done so where I am at is that my own perception (rightly or wrongly) is that ASUS got Haswell wrong first time around and loyalty paid the price. Anyone can argue against me, that is their right.
    The review I posted on SCAN, at the invite I hasten to add of their own market research team, never saw the light of day because it was not favourable I guess. But more to the point the three favourable reviews that had been posted by SCAN have now been taken down and the retailer’s webpage (as of the date of this my posting) say “item awaiting an ETA”; this suggests that one of the UK’s largest retailers doesn’t even know when they will have it in again. It must says volumes about the M6G if a retailer doesn’t know when they are getting it in (I suspect this is unlikely to be due to demand outstripping supply (lol)) and also removes owners own ...“buy it as it is a great board”...reviews!
    I have jumped ship and bought a first release board from the mother board gamming green team . In this board my 4770K runs flawlessly at 4.4GHz, as do all the other part I bought and loaded into my M6G firs time around. Putting this performance in perceptive my M6G couldn’t even run at 4.2GHz manually or on the auto over clock setting, also no 00 code reboots or annoying shut down squealing through the speakers.
    I am neither bothered nor surprised about the problem I and others have with their boards as a lesson you learn in life is that you pay your money and you take your chance and corporations screw you at every opportunity they get all in the name of profit. I have bought ASUS boards and GPUs for years now but next time around I will go about the business of voting with my wallet as I have discovered other manufactures make stuff that is either is as good or better, you just need the context to force you to look. I guess others might to if they feel that annoyed.
    I have decided I am not going to RMA my board. I just can’t be bothered as I am not buying another Haswell CPU to wait for God knows how long just see if they have fixed something that should have worked first time around as their competitors equivalent board does.

ROG Member Array

As of this afternoon (UK time) SCAN are posting a resupply date of 19th July for the M6G. It will not change my mind about the board and / or ASUS, but I do not wish to be disingenuous or inaccurate.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Superglu View Post

I am in EXACTLY the same situation as you, my friend. I was very confused why Newegg had listed my RMA as "refund" instead of "replaced", until I saw the out of stock message on the product page. Now all my parts are sitting on the floor while I am debating waiting for an updated board, or whether to just get a G1.Sniper M5. I'm very sad to be in this situation, as I've used Asus motherboards in very single computer I've built since my very first A8N-SLI board for my Athlon 4400+. Ironically, I'm typing this message from my Asus EP121 Eee Slate. I want to keep using Asus products, but explanation from Asus on what's going on with the MVIG is long overdue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast