cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELAN Touchpad Settings not available

gboss
Level 7
Hi there!

Is there any chance to get some ELAN Settings in the Control Panel?
For me the tapping is to sensitive. I often mistap accidentally.

Is there any solution?

Thanks Gerald
17 REPLIES 17

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

I find it a little unusual, but double left-click on the touchpad icon in the notifications area of the taskbar to pull up the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad settings software as in the screenshot below.

You can change the categories at the top, but I haven't seen anything to adjust touchpad sensitivity, so you may either want to disable the 'tap to select' function if you don't use it or press Fn+F9 to enable/disable the touchpad while typing.

Hope this helps.

Flea0
Level 10
yeah those options are pretty laughable compared to the amount of customization I had available on my older synaptics touchpad.
No disabled zones, no cursor momentum, no sensitivity selector, no customizable gestures.
Not to mention that for some reason the touchpad fails to register movement for about one second after I click on some webpage elements...
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

DeltaActual
Level 12
Is there a way to disable it?
G614JV

MikeV
Level 7
You can download the "vanilla" Elantech drivers from: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/elantech.htm

When installed, an "ELAN" tab will appear in Mouse settings window

Using regedit you can enable more options in the options window under:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elantech\SmartPadDisplay (enable setting visibility in the UI)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elantech\SmartPad (enable even more settings in the UI and directly set the option values)

I used these to set reverse (natural) scrolling on the touchpad and disabled the TP while typing.

Bigike
Level 7
Hi, i'm trying to fix my g750jx... LOVE THE COMPUTER, the ASUS GUI for Elan touchpad, well lets just say that its a bit of a disappointment.

The only resson i went with this over the MSI offering was because of the MSI touchpad reviews..

Any way someone could link to drivers that would work? I'd like the get the elan icon in mouse properties and be able to manipulate settings....

When I manipulate settings in Regedit, they don't do anything and revert to stock when i exit out or reboot..

Any help would be appreciated...

Bigike wrote:
Found a fix

http://www.hwdrivers.com/ftp/fd_-slash-Laptop-slash-Acer-slash-Aspire-slash-V3-7710-slash-Drivers_Wi...

Thanks alot for posting this link. Had issues with my settings not showing up also. This did the trick. 🙂

hexafluoride
Level 7
Exact same problem with my g750jm. I am downloading your fix now....Fingers crossed. I am hoping it also solves my other issues with this touchpad. It never disables when I type and thats quite annoying. Hopefully getting the settings back will help.

Grrr. Asus please just put a Synaptic touchpad in your next machine...

I tried to update drivers to newest Elan vanilla drivers and they are all junk, the one that actually works returns my user adjusted settings back to stock as delivered garbage...

So I came back here to download my original fix...

Stick with that one yall, it's really the only option to make you TP work and enable smart zone...

I don't care how good the hardware or what the price point is, I'll never purchase another machine with Elan anywhere in the spec sheet...

ELAN = NFG