cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing games screen accompanied by a sound loop

jek0ne
Level 7
Freezing games screen accompanied by a sound loop, please help.
Hello, my computer is brand new, all parts are new, content:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z - Shocket 1155 - Z68 Chipset
CPU Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5Ghz 8Mb - Socket 1155 - 22nm - Ivy Bridge
Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 Memory (2x8192Mb) - PC12800 (1600Mhz) - CL11
Source Be Quiet Pure Power L8 Modular - 730 W
D.Duro Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB SATA3 64MB - ST2000DM001
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Heatsink Cooler Master Hyper 612S - Multisocket
D.Duro WD500AAKX Western Digital WD Blue 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB SATA 6.0Gb / s 3.5"

I have tried all kinds of ways to get to the heart of the problem, all device drivers properly installed, updated bios shop, I checked again and again as graphical components, ram and power supply were working properly, the graph was sent by an RMA where bought, was tested and did not show any errors, tried different operating systems like windows 7 x64 bit and x32, and x64 pro windows 8 bits and the same problem in games, desktop all equipment is perfect , does not throw any error or blue screen, the problem comes when I play 10-15 minutes a game full screen, sometimes 15 minutes can be 1 or 2 hours,
Finally and discard everything pointed to a problem with the RAM, I tried with a single module by placing them in different parties and that was when I noticed that I put up with more games without fail me, that's when I checked and I was told to use "Memtest86 +" and so, I downloaded it on a USB botee, and I did the first test with one memory and left me 496 errors without fully completed because test took 45 minutes so I think it was enough to realize that the Ram was giving me problems, now that I can not do.
My question is if I can somehow solve the issue of how to change ram voltages, frequencies or delays from the bios, I read that something can be done because the RAM is not in QVL lists and motherboard last thing I want to do is sell them to buy new ones but if there is no other solution ... have to.
If someone could help out with this issue I will be eternally grateful, took a month since I bought the computer and I'm getting almost crazy to fix it.
36 REPLIES 36

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, jek0ne.

If you recieved all those errors during Memtest86+, it means that your RAM is defective. RMA it. Corsair is pretty good with their RMAs.

jek0ne
Level 7
But if they are new and will be defective ..

Chino
Level 15

jek0ne
Level 7
There is no way to adjust latencies, voltages or frequencies to be stable in games? I think there has to be an optimal configuration stable at desk not get errors.

Chino
Level 15
If a stick is bad, there's nothing you can do about it. Go and fill out a RMA request at http://www.corsair.com/en/support/. They'll take good care of you and probable replace the whole kit. 😉

HiVizMan
Level 40
RMA your ram it is defective.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I just adjusted from the BIOS to 1333Mhz frequency voltage 1.40va 1600Mhz 1.65v 8-8-8-24 latency which came in the inscription of memory 11-11-11-30
With this new configuration'm passing Memtest86 + again and after an hour of testing has not found a single problem, something to say?

The problem with the Ram has been solved by configuring the settings in the BIOS, the settings are valid for them to stop giving errors are: Voltage: 1.65v Latency: 11-11-11-30 Frequency: 1600Mhz

From what I've realized that I have you all tried to help I have to say that you have no idea of ​​the issue, the easiest thing is to request a RMA to get it changed, unworthy solution.