cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus v Formula with i5 3570k wont get past 4,6 , low temp and volt?

Mogwaii
Level 7
Hi all.

My setup is :

Asus maximus v formula with intel i5 3570k clocked 4.6ghz , 16gb corsair vengeance Low Profile 1600 mhz 7,8,8,24 timing.
Corsair 1200ax PSu , Watercooled with EK 360 rad and 120 rad, titan evga also watercooled.

My vid volt is 1.2360
I use offset +0.065 volt in bios , 75% LLC wich gives me vcore 1.296-1.304vcore in prime95
I have PLL overclock disable
Spread Spectrum: Disabled
Enhanced Halt State (C1E): Enabled
CPU C3 State Support: Disabled
CPU C6 State Support: Disabled
Package C State Support: Disabled

and the rest of the settings is like the most OC guides say.

My i5 is 100% fine in intelburntest , prime95 and ive done a memory test in dos also 100% ok.
temperature is 53-59c in prime95 and 59-62 in intel burn test.

BUT i wanna try and go higher wich i seem not to be able to do.

Ive tryed atleast 2-3 different types of OC guides , both offset and normal vcore, changing different types of volt and so on.
When i change the multiplyer to 47 and increase the voltage to +0,90-0,95 75% LLC or 0,65-0,75 100% LLC the voltage is about 1,338-1.344 and it boots ok with no errors , but when i start Prime95 i get whea errors so i tryed to increase the voltage But the more i increase the more errors i get and around 1.390-1.395 the window get blue screen after boot, so i havent tryed above that voltage.

My cpu is delidded and mounted with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra and i have been running it @ 4.7ghz before i changed the paste on the ihs to Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra but i tryed to go for 4,8 ghz and forgot what settings i had before.........

So could it be that my cpu is damaged so it wont go past 4,6 or am i doing anything wrong?

It works 100% fine @ 4,6 ghz but since i have low?, voltage and good temp i wanted to try what it could do at 100% OC.
I allways thought the volt or the temp is the reason not to push further but can it be that the chip wont like more than 4,6?
I have the latest bios version.

I will add a screenshot on my 4.7ghz clock before i changed the IHS and cpu cooler paste to Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra.

=

And this is how it looks now @ 4.6ghz with reset the ihs and cpu cooler with Coollabroratory liquid ultra.
=

Best Reguards Rickard
Asus maximus v formula - i7 3770k @ 5ghz - 16gb Corsair 1600mhz - Evga Titan @ 1241mhz - EK watercooling
1 REPLY 1

HiVizMan
Level 40
It might just be your CPU needs a whole lot more voltage to get past that frequency. It is up to you if you wish to try or not.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.