Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula Easy Memory Setup Guide

Raja
Level 13
If using 4GB DIMMs the following setup is recommended as a starting point:

Enter UEFI and navigate to the AI Tweaker section:

Enter the DRAM Timing section:

Set the highlighted DRAM Timings manually to the values shown:

Navigate back the the AI Tweaker screen and scroll down to find the following highlighted voltages and set them manually to the values shown:

Save and exit UEFI, and you're good to go 🙂
68 REPLIES 68

ahlot18
Level 8
what if im using 8gb mem. do i need to follow your recommended setup?..I mean the voltages

sorry im noob of this 😞

Crosshair V Formula AM3+
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (Kingston hyper X)
Crossfire X Radeon 6870
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Raja
Level 13
DRAM Voltage, use what the DIMMs need.

Other settings use as shown. CPU/NB Voltage depends on CPU, 1.20V is average.

goncel
Level 7
hi raja, kindly briefly explain on why dram write to write timing needed to be at 5? thanks!:confused:

Thanks for info, i have ordered this board to my next system, so it will help my setup. Big thanks!

goncel wrote:
hi raja, kindly briefly explain on why dram write to write timing needed to be at 5? thanks!:confused:

Im wondering that too. So precise numper, donst used memory have anything to say about that value?
sry my bad English 😕
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

ShavedApe
Level 7
The above shows READ To READ to be set to 5 and the attatched thumbnail show WRITE To WRITE to be set to 5 but in either picture the other is not set could you advise please do i need both to be set to 5 or just one and if so which?
My System:

Mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula, CPU: AMD FX 8150, Mem: 16 GB Corshair Vengeance Blue (1600), GPU: Saphire HD 7970 Vapor X GHz, HDD: 1x Corshair Force GT 120GB 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x500GB Seagate Barracuda, Cooling: H100, Case: Coolermaster HAF X, PSU: Antec 750W

Driving Lessons
Pure Fraggin Magic

ShavedApe wrote:
The above shows READ To READ to be set to 5 and the attatched thumbnail show WRITE To WRITE to be set to 5 but in either picture the other is not set could you advise please do i need both to be set to 5 or just one and if so which?

From what I have been experiencing with this mechanical A## H@l3 neither works NOTHING WORKS ! I'm really considering boxing it all up tomorrow sending it back and buying an Intel system that WILL work
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

EVIL_CONSERVATIVE wrote:
I'm really considering boxing it all up tomorrow sending it back and buying an Intel system that WILL work

Why not a Dell, should not be to hard to setup .....

ShavedApe wrote:

Read To Read is the important setting. Changing Write to Write will not hurt but is not usually needed.

ShavedApe
Level 7
Im currently working on 16gb 1600 but there are no guarantees that its stable as I really havent tested it I would like to confirm the above settings before I run any tests.

*edit* I found the answer I think in this thread http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?2585-ASUS-Crosshair-V-Formula-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking

Hopefully it will work and I will have no more issues i was running 3 sticks totalling 12 gb at 1600 no problem but definately had stability issues when using 16 but now we will see running prime95 now
My System:

Mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula, CPU: AMD FX 8150, Mem: 16 GB Corshair Vengeance Blue (1600), GPU: Saphire HD 7970 Vapor X GHz, HDD: 1x Corshair Force GT 120GB 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x500GB Seagate Barracuda, Cooling: H100, Case: Coolermaster HAF X, PSU: Antec 750W

Driving Lessons
Pure Fraggin Magic