Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Ok i just followed the above nothing different just incase anyone wondering but so far so good pretty stable so far, I have already run prime for a good 30 mins but going to run it for a bit longer if I dont update my post then obviously everything fine.

System specs are as follows:
    Crosshair V Formula 990FX, Bios 0506, Phenom II X6 1090T, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR3 PC3-12800(1600) CAS 9-9-9-24 1.5V, 2 8GB kits not a 16GB kit if your wondering, Saphire HD 6950 2GB, Corsair Force GT 120 GB, 2x1TB Segae Barracuda 1x500 Seagate Barracuda, Water Cooling for CPU, Thermaltake Armor, Viper 750w PSU, Windows 7 x64

At time of writing this prime has been running again for over 30 mins I will prolly run it for another 30 - 60 mins since my system was crashing on boot or soon after before the current settings I think an hour will at least show that its more stable but ill no doubt be doing a few hours of gaming later so we will see then too.

Lelle91
    Hi,

Does this setup work even if I use 4* 2 gb 1600 MHz DIMMs? I can only get the mobo to boot when i use 1 stick (lol but it start at least xD ). Doesnt the DIMM get underclocked if I set it to 1333 MHz? The DIMM i use is 4* 2 Gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 8-8-8-24 1,65 V.

My whole setup concists of:
    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Formula V
    CPU: AMD 965 BE
    CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    VGA: Powercolor SCS3 Radeon HD5750 silent
    PSU: Corsair HX750
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4*2gb BL25664BN1608.16FF (the ram is listed in Crosshair V QVL)
    HDD: OCZ Agility 3 SSD 60 GB

Note:
    I just got a new board from the RMA because my first was totally ****ed up and I really dont want to risk having the board bricked. So i appreciate all help i can get.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Lelle91 at the price the RAM are now, change that for 2 x 4 gb

Lelle91
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkedOne View Post
    Lelle91 at the price the RAM are now, change that for 2 x 4 gb
    Yea I would probably buy some new RAM because of the low price but as I bought those I have for not too long ago + I just started university and dont have any extra cash to spend I need to stick with those I have :/

The life of a student = a life in poverty...

Lelle91
    Sry for double post but I got it to work at last for those who are interested here are my spec. and settings:
    Spec:
    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Formula V
    CPU: AMD 965 BE
    CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    VGA: Powercolor SCS3 Radeon HD5750 silent
    PSU: Corsair HX750
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4*2gb BL25664BN1608.16FF (the ram is listed in Crosshair V QVL)
    HDD: OCZ Agility 3 SSD 60 GB

Settings:
    1. Extreme Tweaker --> Memory Frequency --> changed to 1600 Mhz
    2. Extreme Tweaker --> DRAM timing control --> DRAM READ to READ timing --> changed to 5
    3. Extreme Tweaker --> DRAM timing control --> DRAM command rate --> changed to 2T
    4. Extreme Tweaker --> DRAM voltage --> changed to 1.65 V

Everything else is default settings so this were the only things i changed to get the board stable.

For those with some insight might see that this is the exact settings Raja posted :P want to let people know it works like a charm ^^

If people have problem getting it stable try using only 1 stick --> change the settings to Rajas --> Put in the other 3 sticks --> reset CMOS --> Shazam it works! (atleast that is how i did it xD )

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Seems different strokes for different sticks is the case here. This setup guide varies greatly from what raja posted on pg 2 of the overclocking guide. For some this one will work, for myself and some others it did not. However the one in the overclocking guide actually has worked for me and also atleast one other person that I know of who is running G.Skill ram. I think the information in that post should be migrated over here because it might be foolish to think that someone having trouble getting a stock setup to run stable would care about overclocking. I know I sure didn't. Which means that the people that need that information won't bother to look there.
    Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytheredneck1 View Post
    Seems different strokes for different sticks is the case here. This setup guide varies greatly from what raja posted on pg 2 of the overclocking guide. For some this one will work, for myself and some others it did not. However the one in the overclocking guide actually has worked for me and also atleast one other person that I know of who is running G.Skill ram. I think the information in that post should be migrated over here because it might be foolish to think that someone having trouble getting a stock setup to run stable would care about overclocking. I know I sure didn't. Which means that the people that need that information won't bother to look there.
    You are confusing the info. This guide is a quick setup for stability and nothing more. There is no contradictory info in the other guide that needs migrating over here. This guide is for people that want their system stable with minimal fuss. Anyone wants to know what the timings do they can read the in-depth guide.

ROG Enthusiast Array liberato87's Avatar

@ Raja ; Praz

what about ecc setting?
    it should be left enabled or should be disabled (while using no ECC ram)?

thank you
    Corsair OBSIDIAN 800d
    Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER grand 750W
    Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz 1,296v
    A-data XPG+ 2200 C8
    Msi sli GTX 560ti TWIN FROZRII OC
    CRUCIAL realssd C300 128gb
    SAMSUNG 2233RZ 120hz

liquid cooling by EK

Quote Originally Posted by liberato87 View Post
    @ Raja ; Praz

what about ecc setting?
    it should be left enabled or should be disabled (while using no ECC ram)?

thank you
    Either way works for me. For normal non-ECC memory it is best to set to disabled though.

jamescorbett
    Sorted, got my Transcend aXeRam (2x4GB) @ 2000mhz working perfectly with the latest bios update and core (1100T) clocks at 3.5ghz (as I'm only using stock heatsink) Thanks.

Scratch that. Graphics card issues.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast