Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array sectionate PC Specs
    sectionate PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor8350 - 1090T
    Memory (part number)G Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9-4GBSR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
    MonitorAcer GD235HZ - ViewSonic VX2439wm - SyncMaster P2350
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseHAF 932
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional HX850
    Mouse Zowie EC1 eVo
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
    sectionate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Reputation
    57
    Posts
    882

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyphon View Post
    better control of the fans connected with my board,
    what problems are you having with the fans?
    Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

  2. #12
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    57

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    To the casual user this may seem to be the case. However, this could not be further from the actual facts.

    C5F - 32Mb Flash ROM

    C5F-Z - 64Mb Flash ROM

    This difference alone prevents some of the features being implemented on the C5F that are included with the C5F-Z. Slight circuit design differences are also a factor. Requesting and expecting features to be added to a product during its life cycle is a reasonable expectation. However, those expectations need to be rooted in reality and not outside the scope of what is physically possible.

    I think some of the other members and the Moderators are missing my point and a few others.

    We want and know that a Bios Update is required for FULL support of these new processors. What's the point in Asus posting up with other Bios updates that say "Added supported for new CPUs" if these new CPUs already work, then why would they do that with other updates for other CPUs.

    It's great that AMD validated the new CPUs, both sides must however.

    I do tend to agree I'd like a couple of the changes mentioned in a couple of posts before me. Update to Memory compatibility, higher OC frequencies, maybe even a bigger Cache size on the Raid setup. However I'd just settle for ASUS, validating these new CPUs. Otherwise, yes I suppose I'll just go with an 8350. I've looked at other nameless of course AMD board makers and have seen the Bios Updates posted for these Procs.

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array sectionate PC Specs
    sectionate PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor8350 - 1090T
    Memory (part number)G Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9-4GBSR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
    MonitorAcer GD235HZ - ViewSonic VX2439wm - SyncMaster P2350
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseHAF 932
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional HX850
    Mouse Zowie EC1 eVo
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
    sectionate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Reputation
    57
    Posts
    882

    honestly its not the end of the world nor is it worth getting upset over. Let me know how those other boards work out.
    Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

  4. #14
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    To the casual user this may seem to be the case. However, this could not be further from the actual facts.

    C5F - 32Mb Flash ROM

    C5F-Z - 64Mb Flash ROM

    This difference alone prevents some of the features being implemented on the C5F that are included with the C5F-Z. Slight circuit design differences are also a factor. Requesting and expecting features to be added to a product during its life cycle is a reasonable expectation. However, those expectations need to be rooted in reality and not outside the scope of what is physically possible.
    many have requested a simple answer you havent yet given, smug comments asside ,,is there a bios update being worked upon ?? if not some might buy a new board and it may affect the buyers choice so IS a pertinant question.

    usefull updates might include
    fan control software that works right - during benches sometimes my fans are held at low speed despite emense heat in cpu due to program loading, when the bench ends the fans get giddy but more ai suite fan control would also be nice cpu and chassis isnt enough
    my pciex ssd REvox2 120 gig still isnt seen by the bios in any way when attached but its loader pops up and it does work fine(just dosnt show up in bios)
    fx9590 9370 support officially with memory ocs
    being able to set a start off manual voltage AND an offset instead of just offsetting the vid core volts(ive mentioned this months ago in a thread on here as the bios at the time was offsetting the last set manual voltage(and went to 1.65))
    or the fact that when i press the mobos onboard oc button in and leave it(oc mode(auto cpu upgrade))in (red lit) all hell breaks loose on my oc's and every oc save after hitting it needs double checking because often doesnt save settings.

    i havent moaned about all of these before because I do enough validation 9-5 every day at work i dont need to be doing asus's too

  5. #15
    untouched Array Praz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    137
    Posts
    4,037

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlymrk View Post
    my pciex ssd REvox2 120 gig still isnt seen by the bios in any way when attached but its loader pops up and it does work fine(just dosnt show up in bios)
    I'm assuming this is the OCZ RevoDrive X2? If so there are mo issues between the drive and the C5F. I have several of these drives as well as the Revo 3 and they all work fine on the C5F. They do show up in the BIOS and can be set as the boot device. The only thing that should be done for the RevoDrive (not needed for the Revo 3) is to set Wake On PCIe to enabled in the motherboard's BIOS.

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    I'm assuming this is the OCZ RevoDrive X2? If so there are mo issues between the drive and the C5F. I have several of these drives as well as the Revo 3 and they all work fine on the C5F. They do show up in the BIOS and can be set as the boot device. The only thing that should be done for the RevoDrive (not needed for the Revo 3) is to set Wake On PCIe to enabled in the motherboard's BIOS.
    right im lieing then am i, i said it worked and i too can boot from it but in the bios screen that shows gpu and mem in use there is no pciex ssd listed and hence no speed shown

    and that wasnt a question but a suggestion , the question was the first two lines which again have been dodged.

  7. #17
    untouched Array Praz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    137
    Posts
    4,037

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlymrk View Post
    in the bios screen that shows gpu and mem in use there is no pciex ssd listed and hence no speed shown
    Your post was the drive "isnt seen by the bios in any way" which is a long way from what you have now posted. Anyway I'm done here. Hopefully your complaints, regardless how minor, will be addressed with future updates.

  8. #18
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Your post was the drive "isnt seen by the bios in any way" which is a long way from what you have now posted. Anyway I'm done here. Hopefully your complaints, regardless how minor, will be addressed with future updates.
    what a useless poster, basically picked out bits to sound smug whilst attempting to make me look a tool and completely dodged the question at the head of the thread yet again ,ive words but they are foul so ill keep them to myself since i cant do smug.

  9. #19
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    57

    Hyphon, and TheoneandOnlyMRK. It's probably best they lock the thread, akin to lock you in a room and throw away the room. Nothing is going to change most likely. We've only got 2-3 mods upset with us. Leave it be and file it under forget about it, this is one battle that isn't worth picking suffice to say. Now we just make happy and nod and smile!

  10. #20
    ROG Enthusiast Array CodeMe PC Specs
    CodeMe PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maxamus 111
    ProcessorFX 8350 + 8 Core
    OS Windows 8.1 X64Bit.. Forgot that that Windows 10 Crap
    Network RouterTalkTalk Standered Black Crap inline with another white Box.(Fiber Optic)
    CodeMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    So since I haven't seen a Bios update since close to November of last year
    Lol I was Just thinking the same thing a week or so ago, There used to be regular Updates with BIOS & not even a chipset or SATA Updates
    also.

    But saying that i also understand HiVizMan Mentions that a Mature system don't really need as much attention.

    However I would of Thought there would of been some kind of update somewhere to something But nothing,

    NickT I Ended just going to the FX 8350 also this Time round
    Last edited by CodeMe; 08-06-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •