Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I totally respect what Raja is saying, but now that we've got another Asus Rep, could he comment if a Bios Update is on its way for those speedy processors?

Thanks!

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

My response is no different from Richard's to you on page one. IF HQ decide it should be done they will do it, if not it's likely down to some kind of constraint or it simply isn't required to run the processors.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Please lock this Thread, it got out of hand from the original comments. My apologies to all if I added to it. Lock it and throw away the key.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I am sorry if you were insulted by any of my comments i do respect those on here even when i disagree with them.
    therein i will refrain from further comment.

hold up ,, removeing my vip membership without even a comment or message, have a word would you, i was initially condascended as were many more Customers in this thread, really pety guys,
    Last edited by theoneandonlymrk; 08-11-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    For instance as I mentioned new AM3+ processors are going to come out at the end of the year per AMD. Does Asus intent to support them as the CrossHair V is an AM3+ board, hence a bios update would be needed, yes??
    That is news to me. I have not heard anything about any updates for AM3+ since the centurion cpus came out 6 weeks ago.
    We are hoping but not for this year. In Novemeber AMD releases its new road map for cpu's. It will be apparent from that document if we are to get new processors on AM3+ . If not we will be forced eventually to migrate to FM2+ with steamroller or FM3 with Excavator. Unfortunately we do not know if there will be a 6 core or 8 core Kaveri update. We will have to wait for that document. If AMD decides to leave enthusiasts and power users out in the cold we can all raise hell at that time.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlymrk View Post
    I am sorry if you were insulted by any of my comments i do respect those on here even when i disagree with them.
    therein i will refrain from further comment.

hold up ,, removeing my vip membership without even a comment or message, have a word would you, i was initially condascended as were many more Customers in this thread, really pety guys,
    Nobody removed your VIP status. Likely a server issue. Nobody has been "pety".

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

All important information coming from AMD in regards to CPU's coming out will happen early next year at CES, not any sooner...including info on Kaveri's release date...which has been pushed back to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlymrk View Post
    A quick forum search will show this happens periodically for whatever reason and the VIP label reappears just as fast as it disappeared.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

The VIP label, we all are by the way - vip is the official support site .. ect., appears as part of the security
    verification in the left pane when you first post a post. If you refresh or come back to the thread later it
    will be gone.

You, as we all are, are a member of ROG.asus AND VIP.asus ever since they instituted a cross membership.
    To see what this is, if you have never been to the Official Support site - count yourself lucky no RMAs -
    but click on your username in the upper most right hand side next to the blue 0, meaning there are no
    messages from support. Member [private messaging] appear under notifications.

Disagreeing is not Disrespecting. The first is expected, the second neither tolerated or needed.
    Worry not of this. Enjoy ROG and all that it offers.

I liked the little 'dickens' so much I simply made it my avatar along with my 'belt' .. hahhaa ..

.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-13-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Nobody removed your VIP status. Likely a server issue. Nobody has been "pety".
    I appreciate the response and the lack of petiness

Id like to take this opportunity to ask for two main things for me in the next bios then too

firstly all the fans in bios have a bottom limit of 25degrees C and a lowest max of 60 degrees C , Would it be possible to drop the 60 to 50
    also slightly related, AIsuite only allows for (the less limited) control of cpu and chassis fan speeds ,is it possible to add control of all fans?.

Secondly Is it possible to adjust the offset voltage settings in the bios so that when put into offset mode (with-+) that a start off voltage and then also an offset can be set ie start at 1.425 volts with a + or -0.125V offset, as it is now it offsets from the cpu's vid but this could aid high oc's imho?

<still striveing for 5Ghz on an FX8350@ 4.8

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast