cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V- Bios Updates Where are They?

NickT
Level 9
So since I havent seen a Bios update since close to November of last year is Asus abandoning its former AMD flagship motherboard in favor of the -Z? I hope not because of the upcoming AM3+ processors more towards the end of the year and other things I'm sure will creap up that could use an update, I haven't a clue as to what that is as of yet.

The Formula Z is getting the attention, just cause it's 1 year newer????
40 REPLIES 40

HiVizMan
Level 40
Just what do you need a new bios to correct or fix? Please state the issue so we can pass this on for attention. 🙂

A mature product does not require as many bios updates as most of the issues or compatibility conflicts will have been sorted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

NickT
Level 9
For instance as I mentioned new AM3+ processors are going to come out at the end of the year per AMD. Does Asus intent to support them as the CrossHair V is an AM3+ board, hence a bios update would be needed, yes??

NickT wrote:
For instance as I mentioned new AM3+ processors are going to come out at the end of the year per AMD. Does Asus intent to support them as the CrossHair V is an AM3+ board, hence a bios update would be needed, yes??

That is news to me. I have not heard anything about any updates for AM3+ since the centurion cpus came out 6 weeks ago.
We are hoping but not for this year. In Novemeber AMD releases its new road map for cpu's. It will be apparent from that document if we are to get new processors on AM3+ . If not we will be forced eventually to migrate to FM2+ with steamroller or FM3 with Excavator. Unfortunately we do not know if there will be a 6 core or 8 core Kaveri update. We will have to wait for that document. If AMD decides to leave enthusiasts and power users out in the cold we can all raise hell at that time.

NickT
Level 9
Would an ASUS Employee consider posting some feed back on this. I'd hate to see the Z model get all the glory and the Formula V get left out because its just a little over a year older with similiar design specs.

X-ROG
Level 15
Dear Nick,

Sorry for the delay. I have asked our RD regarding general BIOS updates, however we cannot comment on support for unreleased/unannouced products sorry.

Thank you very much. Coming straight from the source means much to me. Your a truly good person for taking the time to respond to my post. And it's very much appreciated. A lot of companies won't do what you did and ask, then reply. 😉

theoneandonlymr
Level 9
hows about a comment regarding the chv and a bios update for the fx9590 ,9370.
mine mobo is waterblocked so cooling isnt an issue and i am interested in just such a bios:).

theoneandonlymrk wrote:
hows about a comment regarding the chv and a bios update for the fx9590 ,9370.
mine mobo is waterblocked so cooling isnt an issue and i am interested in just such a bios:).

I totally Agree, I want to see a Bios for it as well. Regardless if its basically an overclocked 8350. AMD put it out for people to buy, not for others to say why bother its just an 8350. If some wants it, which is want AMD wants; lets see the proper support not just AMD validating it, but from the Board maker.

theoneandonlymrk, I believe this topic has fallen on deaf ears and will remain silent. Unless enough people like you and me speak up! Per the requirements the 2 possible deficeincies in my system have been corrected. So it should be able to handle these two CPUs.

Hyphon
Level 7
My wishes for an upcomming Bios update?

More supported CPUs, more supported RAM, UEFI Update (Secure Boot/Win8), better control of the fans connected with my board,
stability updates (RAM/HDD/SSD), typo's and blank explanations in EFI (German language), boot menu have to be more simple. The nasty lookup bug with F8/del while in POST, have to be fixed, too...

Should I write on?

I'm waiting since one year for an update now... Don't get me wrong. I'm really p**sed. I paid 200€ for the mainboard and after ONE (!!!) year Asus decided to stop Bios support. Out-Of-The-Blue. and the formula-z get all the nice little updates and features, I wanted to have with the Formula. But if I take a look on the data, the boards are similar to me. No great changes, that would explain me, why I have a defective product and I can't exchange this for a formula-z...

I'm with ASUS products since 15 years now. I NEVER, NEVER HAD other motherboards from other manufacture. My LCD is a VG278HE, I use a MATRIX GTX580 and a second is on the way, until there will be a new Matrix with NVidia GPU. I bought my wife and my mother-in-law Transformer tablets, and I only stopped now, with my new soundcard, because I can't decide to soundcard with weak driver support or a soundcard with horrible driver support. (Creative/Asus - People please decide yourself, who is who).

In all the years my friends asked my, why I don't buy motherboards and gpu's from evga, msi, pallit... Because I was proud to say, that I'm a ASUS fanboy. But now... I'm not sure anymore... I don't blame the support people. I blame the management for some really weird decisions with their products and the support to them... ASUS was in Germany x-times in a row, the developer of the year in some mag's but from year to year the leap is melting to the other devs...

Sorry that I was going offtopic, but I think that was necessary...

so long.... Hyphon