Did you mean: 

Upgraded my thermal paste

TX2000
Level 8
i removed the old paste and replaced it with coollaboratories liquid pro
the old and messy paste
cleaned the old paste and a little drop of liquid pro
and also did the gpu this is the clean 770m gpu.. forgot to take more pictures

computer is running cool . 5degrees less than before.

was scary to get in there but it was worth it
24 REPLIES 24

adamsyes
Level 8
did the GPU had thermal pads on the VRAMS? if so can you guess the ? mm? im guessing it's using 0,5mm but would be nice if you could let me know!

TX2000
Level 8
it didnot had any pads just huge blobs of thermal paste
you can see it in here 23343

i replaced with a better one but that part i cannot use liquid pro. had to be traditional paste

EpIcSnIpErZ23
Level 8
Hi TX2000, is the CPU Soldered onto the mobo? Is the GPU Soldered to it too?
Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
RAM: 12GB
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
Origin ID: DriftingSloth

TX2000
Level 8
yes the cpu is soldered on the mainboard but the gpu is not but i think is a custom video card for our machines

roryh86
Level 7
Thanks for the pics TX! I have a Thermaltake TG-1 lying around that I'd love to use 😛 When you screwed back on the heatsink, do the screws have a tightening limit inorder not to damage the CPU chip with too much pressure? Or do they just keep tightening as much as you screw?

Also, why couldn't you use liquid pro on vrams?

TX2000
Level 8
the screws do have a limit so no worries there . and i did not use liquid pro on vram because of the gap, it was bigger on that part and and liquid pro is practically liquid and soo thin it wont do anything on there. and with liquid pro you have to be careful because it is metal and can short something it it runs over.

TX2000 wrote:
the screws do have a limit so no worries there . and i did not use liquid pro on vram because of the gap, it was bigger on that part and and liquid pro is practically liquid and soo thin it wont do anything on there. and with liquid pro you have to be careful because it is metal and can short something it it runs over.

Oh okay. Well, I might just give it a go then. I have regular paste so I'll just use it on everything. Used it on my desktop and it took off a good 13 degrees. I have my Asus maxed out at x36 multiplier and undervolted by -70 mV, max temp on hottest core is 87 degrees when using Cinebench and stress testing. What's your CPU clocked at and what are your temps under stress?

EpIcSnIpErZ23
Level 8
Sucks that the CPU is soldered to the mobo. Even if the GPU is custom that means it is possible for upgrades! (with a little modding of course :D)
Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
RAM: 12GB
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
Origin ID: DriftingSloth

TX2000
Level 8
i am running at stuck atm but i cannot test atm because i removed the hdd and replaced with 2 ssd 256 in raid 0 😄