cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Windows 8 PRO

MathDom
Level 7
Hey !

I`m having problems to upgrade my G75VW - TS71.

I put Win 8 Pro, but now I`m kind of confuse about downloading Drivers at

http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=pt-br

For example, I don't know how Wireless Driver I have to download!
The site give me 3 options, how I know how to download?
Intel WiMAX Wireless LAN Driver
Intel WiFi Wireless LAN Driver
Atheros Wireless Lan Driver and Appllication

Please, I need my notebook to work, I don't have any asus support near my house.
9 REPLIES 9

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you are visiting http://www.asus.com/support/ , do you know what is your wirless chipset, is it intel or atheros?

rewben
Level 13
please get the hardware id of your wifi card from device manager and put it here.

MathDom
Level 7
Yes, someone already told me to check my device manager, I download almost all drivers, just missing the wireless and Bluetooth. The Win 8 PRO its so confuse, I realize that is better for touchscreen computers... whatever, I will search the hardware id of your wifi card and put here rewben!

MathDom wrote:
Yes, someone already told me to check my device manager, I download almost all drivers, just missing the wireless and Bluetooth. The Win 8 PRO its so confuse, I realize that is better for touchscreen computers... whatever, I will search the hardware id of your wifi card and put here rewben!

Please follow Rewben's instructions and post the Hardware ID of the card. We do not know your system, and cannot figure it out from the little bit of information that you have provided, but you most likely have an Atheros. Why not just try each one?

Please remove your personal information from the OP.
G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

MathDom
Level 7
I cant upload the image, i change the extesion, but keep warning " invalid file" .
Thus i can tell u more informartion that i get it from device manager:
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG

Cant find any information about my bluetooth, by seeing the wireless device i can figure that my bluetooth its Atheros too?

MathDom
Level 7
Image23420

that it is.

rewben
Level 13
ah.. @Quasimodem was right, it's an atheros card. yes you need the atheros bluetooth driver also.

MathDom
Level 7
thks man!
should i delete the post?

rewben
Level 13
there is no need to delete the posts. maybe it will help others later 🙂