cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help How to Run games

goem81
Level 7
hi everyones im new in the asus i buy the asus ROG 8480 but my hard drive its 2.2 tera ok ? my D drive its 2 and my C its full and no space to save the games then im download them hellp
8 REPLIES 8

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, goem81.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Can you take a screenshot of the My PC window so I can take a look at your partitions?

how in hell im play my games if i cant Download them man my Hadr disc its 100 giga only the D disc and C disc its 2ooo or 2 terabite

RebelMRebel
Level 7
Go to google translate and write in your own language and translate to english, copy it and paste here and it will probably be esier for us all to understand.

I think i understand though, You C drive is full and the when you install you just click install without changing to D drive where you have space, Resulting in that you cant install.

When installing click browse and click on the drive where you have room to install there.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am assuming that your SSD is full. You can transfer your downloads to the mechanical drive. That way your SSD does not get to full.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Krindor
Level 11
Like HiViz said move your files on the c drive to one of the bigger ones. To keep the c drive with only the OS on there is an option in the browser you are using that you can change so that it will download the files to one of the HDDs.
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

DaemonCantor
Level 13
The answer is simple goem81, which thingy are you using, Steam, Origin, GameStop, Gamefly, so on and so forth.

Instructions
Steam:
1) exit out of Steam
2) make a new Steam Directory on the other Drive.
3)Copy Steam.exe and the folder SteamApps to your new folder
4) Run Steam and let it update.
5) Any new games you get will automatically go to this new location and play from there as well.
6) the only other way to do this is use Steam Mover which even on the Steam Forums they don't suggest you use because of how it works and can mess up a game installation badly.

Origin:
1) Open Origin
2) click on the Origin Tab at top and select Application Settings, then Advanced from the left.
3) Change 'Downloaded Games'
4) in the New Window Navigate to your other Drive and then Right Click ands Select New Folder just as you would from the Desktop or in My Computer.
5) Select the new Folder you just made and named, then click Select Folder Button.
6) Have the Origin App re-install them if needed and they will automatically go to the new location from now on along with any new ones you get.
7) Origin App must stay on C Drive to work, I found this out after switching to a New Drive system myself.

All other companies should follow the same way as Origin except fo GameStop because they use one of ether Windows Games, Steam, or Origin.

All other installers (Store Bought CD/DVD or Downloaded Full Installers):

As your installing the game it will ether ask you where to place it or you'll have to do a Custom Install from the Installation Menu.

That should be about as easy as anyone can get and I hope this helps you.

DaemonCantor

It tried this on my G751 and my Steam button stopped working. I haven't found a waw to re-program it.

sk2play
Level 13
Welcome to Asus Forum tziegy,
It is called a ICON, not a Button for future reference.

Right Click exactly over the Steam ICON (a menu will pop up) and select Properties.
In the Shortcut TAB, you will have a TARGET and START IN line. ONLY change the letter C to D at the begginning of both of those lines.

If that don't work, go to the Steam Folder on the 😧 drive and Right CLick exactly over the Steam.exe file, In the menu that popped up, select Create Shortcut. Either drag the Steam Shortcut you just created to the desktop, copy & paste or cut & paste it to the desktop.

Last method, uninstall STEAM
Re-install Steam on the D:\ drive. Make sure the first game you install points to the D:\ drive. Re-install all the games you want from this point as they will default to the D:\ drive
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit