cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero network issues

DrWeavil
Level 7
Hello,

This is my first post here so please be gentle with me:)

I have a problem with my new motherbord. Whenever I connect my ethernet cable it either doesn't want to connect or i get the recordbreaking speed of 10mbps. Tried different cables and that didn't help anything. Connected a cable straight from my modem to my PC and it went up to 100mbps. Tried another PC and laptop on the cable and it gets 1gbps within a second on the same cables.

Already looked around a bit but not much to be found on this subject, did find that hibernation has to be disabled so I did that but that didn't help.

Please give me some suggestions on what i can do.

My specs:
Maximus VI Hero
Intel Core i7 4770K
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666Mhz (4x4Gb)
Asus MATRIX HD7970 P 3GD5
2x Intel 520 180GB (Raid 0)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
18 REPLIES 18

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forum, DrWeavil.

Do you have AI Suite or the other bundled Asus software installed? If so, list which ones.

I only installed the drivers, didn't do anything with the software bundles.
Did try both the drivers from the Asus website and the Intel website.

Garfunko
Level 7
Hi,

I have the same issue. I have a 30mb down internet speed, and I am getting 7mb only and feels like dial-up.

I just built my computer last night, so I haven't done as much troubleshooting as I would like. However here is abit of info:

I wasn't able to install the Asus mobo software bundle, kept giving me install error during set-up.
I installed all the drivers for network, sound and from Asus website.

I've also tried to reinstall the network drivers and same result. Any ideas?

DSD27
Level 7
same thing here.. I have 20mb speed and I was getting only 11mb speed. I called my internet provider to complain, tested on other pc and my internet was ok.
I upgraded the bios to the latest version and now its fine

HiVizMan
Level 40
DSD27 could you please share which version bios you had success with.

Guys based on the last post it might be a good idea to update your bios.

Please remember to to do the following if you are going to flash bios.

Clear CMOS before you flash a bios.
Use a Fat Formatted USB stick to flash bios via the utility found in Tools in the bios.
Try not to use an OS based method of flashing bios.
Let your system reboot as many times as it needs during the flash process.
Do not power down during the process.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Im using the most recent version ( 0711 ), there is only two on the website.

I did everything that you sad, I only forgot to clear CMOS, is that bad? the bios went to default automatically after the update..

Drerex
Level 10
I am shooting from the hip here but I think I know what the problem is. I believe it is the Network iControl in the AI Suite. Disable the Network iControl and try speedtest.net and see if your network speeds are back up to par.

Drerex wrote:
I am shooting from the hip here but I think I know what the problem is. I believe it is the Network iControl in the AI Suite. Disable the Network iControl and try speedtest.net and see if your network speeds are back up to par.

That would explain it, BUT the posters above claim not to have installed the AI Suite software.. odd

Drerex wrote:

Where is that in AI Suite III ? cant find it..