cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first case design: Hybrid Octane..;)

KPRage
Level 10
Hey guys and, gals,

Here is my first time using Sketchup and, creating a template case design.. This is just my first test template and my first case design.. After lot of trials, could put it till this state.

This is going to be a Hybrid design. It can be used both as a bench case, as well as a home PC case. The inspiration behind this design is my passion to ROG.. 🙂

Please ignore the dimensions in the pic. This has changed in the real prototype that am cutting in cardboard.. 🙂

This might be the first hybrid case out there (well at least here in India I guess).. Hope you all will like it..

The top and side (mainly left side and, the bottom right side) panels are removable.. Another uniqueness is the motherboard tray which will slide out/in similar to the keyboard tray in office tables.

There are many more additions planned to get this into shape. Will try to create a cardboard cut out (in progress) and post some more pics on how it may look..

Cheers,
KP
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂
31 REPLIES 31

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hehe cardboard models FTW!! looks interesting KP mate, hey, how'd you get the dimensions in there?

KPRage
Level 10
He he.. Yeah.. Sketch up took about 3 1/2 hours plus to create this.. Thought Cardboard was better and, quicker.. 😉

For the dimensions, I used the Dimension tool to put those dimensions.. Then exported it as JPG(Export->2D Graphics).. It came along with dimensions.. 😄

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
KP
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

KPRage wrote:
He he.. Yeah.. Sketch up took about 3 1/2 hours plus to create this.. Thought Cardboard was better and, quicker.. 😉

For the dimensions, I used the Dimension tool to put those dimensions.. Then exported it as JPG(Export->2D Graphics).. It came along with dimensions.. 😄

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
KP

Cardboard can indeed be better, because you have something you can physically play with, but I warn you now, it won't be faster. When I originally built my cardboard model, just the basic trays and sides took me over 2 hours lol....and i'd already had the measurements i'd be using lol

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Cardboard can indeed be better, because you have something you can physically play with, but I warn you now, it won't be faster. When I originally built my cardboard model, just the basic trays and sides took me over 2 hours lol....and i'd already had the measurements i'd be using lol
He he.. Yeah, but for me the SketchUp took longer time.. 😛 Aws, should be able to get the basic shape by end of this weekend..

Pre & Post Build Guide

Pratham
Level 10
Water cooling or air? or hybrid?

Pratham wrote:
Water cooling or air? or hybrid?
Its going to be a hybrid dude.. It will also have provision for huge rads.. Hybrid in both cooling and, in usage.. 🙂

Pre & Post Build Guide

Pratham
Level 10
Oh nice one!
...So by the shape you have in mind & looking at big hole in front I assume you are putting one big fan at the front for intake & one big at the back for exhaust..???

KPRage
Level 10
yep... For now the exhaust part is under progress.. However, the front fan can be changed and, a huge radiator for benching can be added while using it as a bench.. 🙂 Full specs I shall reveal once am done with the final touches..

Pre & Post Build Guide

Pratham
Level 10
Can I suggest the front part & what else I have in mind?

EDIT-- A quick SketchUp to tell you the idea