cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G55/G46 Refresh incoming?

Vicodin
Level 10
Anyone have any info on the possibility of a refresh on the G55? I know the G46 is fairly new so I don't expect to see a Haswell/7 series Nvidia Version anytime soon. But the G55 is due for a refresh for sure. Any thoughts on possible GPU? I would assume gtx765, but a 780 version would be epic! (if msi can slap a 780 in their 15 inch, so can Asus)
4 REPLIES 4

niciuffo
Level 7
Yeah, I'd love to hear something about the G55VW since I'll have to buy a notebook for school in a month time. I think it's a great laptop, but I wouldn't want to buy something which is already outdated (well, not really outdated, but still) and keep it for three years.

Vicodin
Level 10
I totally agree with you. I feel sorry for companies like newegg when New hardware launches. Kind of hard to sell a G75vx for the same price as a G750. 99% of people are not going to go Ivybridge/6 series Nvidia when Haswell/7 series Nvidia is already out.

Vicodin
Level 10
Don't get me wrong I love my laptop! Handles anything I throw at it like nothing. But if I could go back, I would have did without for a few months and waited for the refresh.

Vicodin wrote:
Don't get me wrong I love my laptop! Handles anything I throw at it like nothing. But if I could go back, I would have did without for a few months and waited for the refresh.

Why is that? Just because a 780m is more powerful than a 680m, or is there something to do with the notebook design? You prefer ASUS over Clevo barebones? I read good things about Clevo's, but I personally don't like them.