cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Little ROG MONSTER!

Retired
Not applicable
For the past few months I have been working on a case design concept which I actually had back in 2006 even before the VooDoo Omen was announced. Obviously they manufactured it before I did, and I'm sure many others have had this idea, but I like to personally think in my own world I had the first concept out in theory hahaha... The original concept was for a single case CNCed out of a single piece of aluminum. For a one off prototype, it was too expensive...

I modified my design specifically to showcase ASUS and ROG parts at various events. It is still a work in progress and I would have to say that when it is unveiled at PDXlan this Friday, it will still be incomplete but i will do my best to make it look some what presentable.

This case design was co-developed with DangerDen who I have to give mad props to for designing such a precise and accurate cutout! Their work is speachless. I was never a fan of acrylic cases, but what they have shown me, really changed my views of acrylic and what they are capable of doing.

This was also my first time setting up a full water system. I've always used Corsair H50 which I still think is great for its easy plug and play ability but for a case like this, I could not hold back and I don't think DangerDen could either. Their CPU blocks are slick and what they have ready to show you guys in the near future for ROG is even CRAZIER! also Thank you Darthbeavis for introducing me to Dangerden.

Here is a sneak peak where the rest will be unveiled once its up and running and ready to showcase at PDXlan...

ANTEC TRUE POWER QUATTRO 2400 watts of pure sex...

I also don't have a name for this case or the build yet... Not sure what to call it...

OK! Build log has now started!

To give you an idea of the the case design, I tried to build the cleanest component layout possible. Now this is not 100% to what i had originally intended because i have tweaked it for the sole purpose of showing off components at Events. The original design was supposed to be milled out of aluminum with venting front back top bottom. airflow directly to the face of the GPU was crucial. i also inverted the motherboard so that the GPU faces down and the cables can easily exit out. you'll get an idea in my build layout. i also envisioned a smaller case design but for the time being, this will do. There are many cases on the market that have an inverted board to exhaust the hot air up. YES heat rises but i feel that with enough force, air can be directed any direction you guide it to. PLUS there are many non reference designs that do not use rear exhaust layouts. additionally i have exhaust fans to help the hot air flow out.

Again BIG thanks to DangerDen for their support in my vision!

At the DangerDen factory mocked up.

Here it is in my lab ready to unpack and install...

Notice there are no cables or wires in the back.

ATX SIDE

BTX SIDE

DangerDen cooling equipment.. my first time setting up a liquid cooled system. pretty easy though...
37 REPLIES 37

ottoyu34
Level 9
Absolutely Badass!

i love it !!! it looks great!
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Retired
Not applicable
Yea that's why I'm not postings pics because I have a video of the entire build. Well about 80% that I will speed up. Towards the end I ran out of tubing and some additional parts needed to be made so it won't be 100% until pdxlan. By the way the first image is the back of the case notice no plugs what so ever!

Retired
Not applicable
well i have a few names but not very good ones, ARog Exterminator, ARog elite, ARog extreme, Area 51 Rog.

Retired
Not applicable
I just finished putting in the liquid. And luckily no leaks. It was a lot easier than I thought. I'm so tempted to load up my pics! I must resist!

Retired
Not applicable
It's looking good cant wait to see the internals and what you did Brian, thus far it looks very very good. you should post same day or next day pictures. and video the unveil.

Retired
Not applicable
Ha that is pretty good. no plugs that must be pretty fun. And yeah the video will be pretty interesting im looking forward to seeing it. and yeah always get alot of tubing it took almost all of my 10 feet for the first build before i moved my radiator to the inside of my case. now ill use about 6 feet or so. with my old case it took all 5 feet of tubing and that case is half the size of the 1200 it was a Lian-Li Pc-g50.

Retired
Not applicable
I was thinking the little red monster... Hahah. Or little ROG monster

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah, ROG monstrosity. either one work's just figured id give some idea's.