ROG Member Array

Weird Vcore issues since using iGPU

So I had my Gene V and 3570k rock solid, did a ton of tests, never got over 1.280v. Since removing my GPU and using the iGPU I hit 1.288v at points over a 10 hour prime run. Why is this? Will it go away once I get my GPU? I have tried a reformat, reflash, and updating the intel graphics drivers. I am using the exact same offset

ROG Member Array

Anyone? could it be iGPU leaked onto my CPU vcore? LLC being higher without the GPU? before the higher it got ( according to ai suite ) was 1.284v, this would report in HWinfo64 as 1.280v. I checked now, and it needs to hit 1.288v in AI suite to report as 1.288v, so its not a rounding issue, its the vcore getting higher since removing the GPU I think

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

The IGP will of course require additional voltage since it is now doing the work.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Seems likely. JJ told me this aswell "Yes with the iGPU active it will change some of the load characteristics of voltage. This is normal.

Additionally overtime you can also have voltage degradation which can condition the CPU to require more vid overtime. With that noted it looks as if he is using the most efficiency voltage increase in an offset so this helps in relation to aggressively over volting the CPU."

What are the chances of degrading the chip in 4 months, I've done a decent share of prime, but temps are always nice

ROG Member Array

Well I still have the same issue even after adding the card and reformatting, any idea? Only difference between now and when it was lower is that now I am using a retail genuine non illegal copy of windows 8

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Prime is cooking a CPU in my view. It is not something that I will ever endorse nor encourage folks to do. There are other quicker ways to do a stability stress test. I can not comment specifically about your situation sadly.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.