Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Q-Code 00 - Awwwwww!@!

So life was pretty good for about 10 days but now this morning (Sat) I'm playing BioShock Infinite and my system dead stops. No BSOD just - off. So I try to power it back up again and now I get the infamous 00.

I been through various forums throughout the day trying CMOS reset, stripping back the board, switching BIOS's, taken out the CPU and looked for burn damage and bent pins (nope).

The only reason Im bothering with this post (because there seem to be so many just like this one) is that the one thing I dont have is CPU_LED on. Now whether thats a good thing or a really bad thing I dont know.

The PSU provides enough power to spin fans and drives and if I plug my phone into USB, it charges. But no POST.

At this point I can see how people get addicted to pokie machines. Its the hope. That tiny bit of adrenaline when you wonder what code you'll get. But alas mine is just 00. ASUS should change it to QQ.
    Last edited by rismROG; 07-20-2013 at 11:25 AM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Hello there

would you mind posting up your system specs hard to try to offer any help without the basics.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

M6E
    Intel 4770-k
    AX1200i
    16GB Cosair Dominator @ 2400MHz
    H100i
    Win 8 Pro - If that matters.

Thanks - I read your help with another forum member re: CPU pins and burning etc. I had a pretty detailed look and nothing. Also checked power cable for any obvious blackening but nope. One thing is the AX1200i LINK dongle LED doesn't light up - not sure if that post-POST or not. But as above USB is charging. (The dongle plugs into a USB header).
    Last edited by rismROG; 07-20-2013 at 11:40 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Everybody been posting issues here with code trouble seems to have one thing in common

2x8gb 2400mhz.

i7 4790k@4.7ghz 1.28v||Asus Maximus VI Extreme||Zotac GTX Titan X Sli||Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz 4x8gb 10-12-12-31-1T[/color]||Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb x 2 + Crucial MX100 512gb x 2||Creative Soundblaster Zx||WD Black 2tb & 2x1tb||Ek Supremacy Nickel Acetal+EK M6e Nickel Acetal+EK Titan X Nickel Acetal + Ek Red Backplate+Ek Dual D5 Top & 150 X3 Res+HWLABS GTX Nemesis 560+280+6xNoctua Redux 1500rpm||Corsair AX1200+Corsair Red Sleeves||Silverstone Temjin 11

Cheers mate - look there are a number of factors at play and there could be any number of reasons for the code 00 and narrowing it down is rather difficult at time.

The best way to look for burnt pins is with high def images. The human eye struggles due to the design of the pins. But that you will have done.

If you could plug the dongle into the USB port that is charging and see if it lights up? But I do agree while the PSU would be a likely cause the fact that the board lights up does seem to remove it from the equation.

Also assuming you have done the one stick of ram thing?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yes in the slot furthest from the CPU I think you've said elsewhere. Not sure if that holds true for M6E... which is B2.

Im also trying to connect via ROG Connect and the motherboard is "there". Its giving me some feedback.

0000 - CPU Initial and as below. Is that a glimmer of hope that the problem is the CPU not mobo?
    For me this is a big deal cos an RMA on the mobo or PSU is international but to return the chip is 25 mins drive which of course is the difference between likely just under a month to resolve vs maybe tomorrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cpu.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	23606

I would go with the CPU right now. Because if it was motherboard it would not be giving you information at all.

Just get the CPU tested if possible or swapped out.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok great. That what Im thinking and hoping.
    If thats how it pans out then that'll be best case scenario for me. Will dial back in and update at some future point. Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by cstkl1 View Post
    Everybody been posting issues here with code trouble seems to have one thing in common

2x8gb 2400mhz.
    Mine was 2x8GB 1600 MHz. But 2x8GB nonetheless. Interesting.

OP: If your local shop has a good return policy, it's worth buying a new CPU just to test it. You can always return it if it doesn't work.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok so weird update. This morning I tried one last BIOS update from 0605 to 0711 and the first time round I 99'd it which according to the manual is super IO, plus I got some led in my dongle.... which is always nice.

But after that it's back to 00?? Does it need to rest or something?

I also notice that ROG link button with the two chain links blinks 3 times when I update BIOS and it fails i.e. 00 but this morning when it worked, it flashed 5 times. I remember it being distinctly longer. I also note that if i dont put a USB stick in it also flashes 5 times.

So at this point Im thinking there might be a software error in the board.... i.e. a bug. I appreciate it's complete pie in the sky but it's like a flag is either not being properly set or reset.

Since Ive 99'd it and got BOOT_DEVICE LED which is right cos my hard drive wasn't plugged in, and checked pins it seems as good a theory as any.

So to be clear Im still 00 but first time round after waking this morning I 99'd after a BIOS reset. It ran through a series of numbers and rebooted by itself 2-3 times running series of numbers then 99'd with green led in my dongle.

Then next boot 00. So hmmm.
    Last edited by rismROG; 07-21-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast