cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code 00 - Awwwwww!@!

rismROG
Level 8
So life was pretty good for about 10 days but now this morning (Sat) I'm playing BioShock Infinite and my system dead stops. No BSOD just - off. So I try to power it back up again and now I get the infamous 00.

I been through various forums throughout the day trying CMOS reset, stripping back the board, switching BIOS's, taken out the CPU and looked for burn damage and bent pins (nope).

The only reason Im bothering with this post (because there seem to be so many just like this one) is that the one thing I dont have is CPU_LED on. Now whether thats a good thing or a really bad thing I dont know.

The PSU provides enough power to spin fans and drives and if I plug my phone into USB, it charges. But no POST.

At this point I can see how people get addicted to pokie machines. Its the hope. That tiny bit of adrenaline when you wonder what code you'll get. But alas mine is just 00. ASUS should change it to QQ.
21 REPLIES 21

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello there

would you mind posting up your system specs hard to try to offer any help without the basics.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

rismROG
Level 8
M6E
Intel 4770-k
AX1200i
16GB Cosair Dominator @ 2400MHz
H100i
Win 8 Pro - If that matters.

Thanks - I read your help with another forum member re: CPU pins and burning etc. I had a pretty detailed look and nothing. Also checked power cable for any obvious blackening but nope. One thing is the AX1200i LINK dongle LED doesn't light up - not sure if that post-POST or not. But as above USB is charging. (The dongle plugs into a USB header).

cstkl1
Level 7
Everybody been posting issues here with code trouble seems to have one thing in common

2x8gb 2400mhz.

i7 4790k@4.7ghz 1.28v||Asus Maximus VI Extreme||Zotac GTX Titan X Sli||Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz 4x8gb 10-12-12-31-1T||Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb x 2 + Crucial MX100 512gb x 2||Creative Soundblaster Zx||WD Black 2tb & 2x1tb||Ek Supremacy Nickel Acetal+EK M6e Nickel Acetal+EK Titan X Nickel Acetal + Ek Red Backplate+Ek Dual D5 Top & 150 X3 Res+HWLABS GTX Nemesis 560+280+6xNoctua Redux 1500rpm||Corsair AX1200+Corsair Red Sleeves||Silverstone Temjin 11

cstkl1 wrote:
Everybody been posting issues here with code trouble seems to have one thing in common

2x8gb 2400mhz.

Mine was 2x8GB 1600 MHz. But 2x8GB nonetheless. Interesting.

OP: If your local shop has a good return policy, it's worth buying a new CPU just to test it. You can always return it if it doesn't work.
Core i7 6700K @ 47x100, Maximus VIII Gene, 16GB DDR4-2800 Ripjaw, EVGA GTX980, Samsung 950, Intel 520, EK CPU and GPU waterblocks, MCP35X, 120.1 and 180.1 radiators.

cstkl1 wrote:

2x8gb 2400mhz.

I have issues with 2x8gb 2400mhz too, but no codes. Just freezing right before the logon screen. I think my % are 50% of the time it boots ok. I almost want to sell the ram and get a different set if 2400mhz sticks are an issue with the hero mobo. I'm sure it can be fixed through BIOS. Well I'm hoping it can so someday I won't have to worry about it not freezing up.

vegasf1 wrote:
I have issues with 2x8gb 2400mhz too, but no codes. Just freezing right before the logon screen. I think my % are 50% of the time it boots ok. I almost want to sell the ram and get a different set if 2400mhz sticks are an issue with the hero mobo. I'm sure it can be fixed through BIOS. Well I'm hoping it can so someday I won't have to worry about it not freezing up.

if your gona sell it, get in the 1866 to 2133 range, you will not notice enny diffrence at all in normal day using or gaming.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers mate - look there are a number of factors at play and there could be any number of reasons for the code 00 and narrowing it down is rather difficult at time.

The best way to look for burnt pins is with high def images. The human eye struggles due to the design of the pins. But that you will have done.

If you could plug the dongle into the USB port that is charging and see if it lights up? But I do agree while the PSU would be a likely cause the fact that the board lights up does seem to remove it from the equation.

Also assuming you have done the one stick of ram thing?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yes in the slot furthest from the CPU I think you've said elsewhere. Not sure if that holds true for M6E... which is B2.

Im also trying to connect via ROG Connect and the motherboard is "there". Its giving me some feedback.

0000 - CPU Initial and as below. Is that a glimmer of hope that the problem is the CPU not mobo?
For me this is a big deal cos an RMA on the mobo or PSU is international but to return the chip is 25 mins drive which of course is the difference between likely just under a month to resolve vs maybe tomorrow.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would go with the CPU right now. Because if it was motherboard it would not be giving you information at all.

Just get the CPU tested if possible or swapped out.