Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Yip speedfan and HWmonitor would be my choice. Most of the time I actually use the BIOS to manage my fans. But I am not to finicky about fans, I just want a cool system.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

any update here, this thread has me worried *panics

ROG Member Array

Try this:
    remove the discrete graphic card
    run the system using the hd 4600 which is embedded in the cpu
    run tests

I've got similar problem, has been trying to fix it for a while, tried with few different sets of ram, tried with auto setting in the bios, then with specific settings for each type of ram, different slots, different driver for graphic, for chipset .. almost everything, even tried with another new graphic card - same problem - at the moment when the discrete graphic card is in, no mater which slot or how you change settings for ram, cpu, slots ,the system is unstable, some time can run for long, some time is easy to get the blue screen.
    My system is not overclocked, not running hot, not overvoltage or less and have reinstall windows with no extra software, so far the only way to win the stability battle is with no discrete graphics.

I have not doubted the power supply(coolermaster 850) because before the upgrade(upgrade from P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3;i7-2600;corsair 1600 ram -> to hero vi;i7-4770k; kingston predator 2400) all was fine, beside the new configuration draw less power.

So try with removing the discrete graphic card and let me know if your system is stable

PS. My GPU is asus 6790, as mentioned tried with new, same model, no luck, during the weekend will try with gigabyte 7970, wonder if the issue is with ATI only card, don't have NVIDIA to test yet.
    So far my conclusion is that the issue is not because of faulty hardware more like incompatibility/driver, because most crash report indicate i/o error and could happen right after boot or in 3 days.
    Does anyone with this issue have/use NVIDIA card?

In may case - the faster way to stress test the system stability is to run prime95. Also some time get fast result when you use WEI, I believe it will crash quickly if you use application which put heavy load on the GPU+ram

As I mentioned - all problems disappear when remove any GPU and leave the system with build in CPU HD4600
    Last edited by stell; 10-11-2013 at 09:59 AM.

ROG Member Array

Did some more tests tonight and decide to try something radical - use the PCIex4 - the black slot, all miracally worked with no any problem at all, despite the fact fps in games was slow WEI rate 7.9(win7) which is max, for example on the red slots maximum rating vary from 6.8 to 7.6 depends of which driver I use old to newer.
    Then went to bios and overclock all including set the only settings for this slot from x1(default) to x4 - got even better result with fps in games
    My conclusion there is some stability issues with ATI card or at least with 6790( have not tested with NVIDIA) when you use red PCIe slots.
    So far the system seems stable this way, despite all test I ran, there is no blue screen anymore.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

(remember i'm a dummy)

any draw back to not using the red slot?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Folks this is a very long thread with many different questions and people asking for assistance. Please post your own thread up where your question can be addressed and that way we do not have peoples issues getting lost in the mix.

So please start afresh and post up your own threads.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9