cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Maximus VI Hero

PheNoMx93
Level 7
Hello everyone , i'd like to ask if you guys know any solution for the issue i'm having right now.

I just built a new rig , based on the Z87 VI Hero platform + i7 4770k
For some reason , i get WHEA_UNCORRECTED_ERROR blue screen in windows 8 after a couple of hours of gaming.
Drivers + BIOS are the latest , my graphics card is EVGA GTX 780 , with the latest drivers aswell.
Windows 8 64 bit software.
16GB Corsair vengeance pro (2x8GB) 1866Mhz XMP
850w PSU.

My temps are the following :

Mobo (idle) 33~35C/ (load 35-37C)
Cpu (Idle) 29-32C/ (full load on AIDA64 62C was the peak)
GPU (idle) 35~40C/(under load 45C~65C)

I'm 99.9% sure it's not a temp issue , since i'm using a MASSIVE Noctua NH-D14 cooler for my cpu , and 5 noctua NF-F12s on my case with exceptional airflow. My ambient temps are 32~40C (hot summer here in Greece).

I tried to troubleshoot the issue on my own , run memtest , run various stress programs ,took out parts and tested them to see if any of them was faulty and everything was fine.
I did all the updates possible , i just don't know what causes it , any help will be appreciated.

P.S i have not -yet- overclocked anything

Thanks in advance.
85 REPLIES 85

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello when you say you are not overclocked does that mean you have not changed your ram frequency at all.

Could you link your ram specifications please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Size16GB (2 x 8GB) Performance ProfileXMP Fan IncludedNo Heat SpreaderVengeance Memory ConfigurationDual Channel Memory TypeDDR3 Package - Memory Pin240 Package - Memory FormatDIMM Tested Voltage1.5 SPD Voltage1.5 Speed RatingPC3-15000 (1866MHz) SPD Speed1333MHz Tested Speed1866MHz Tested Latency9-10-9-27 SPD Latency9-9-9-24

Sorry for the bad copy paste i'm on a tablet.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good, so did you enable the XMP profile in BIOS?

Do you have AIsuite installed?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yes , XPM profile 1 is up , AIsuite 3 is installed , used the fan xpert2 optimization aswell , works pretty well , still haven't overclocked my cpu at all , running at stock speeds.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Your system is overclocked in that case. 🙂 If you clock your ram then it is overclocked.

Run the memtest86+ as per the guide in my sig.

that will tell you if your ram is stable or not.

I have already done memtest86 and it was fine.
Well you're right , i just mean that i haven't overclocked the CPU yet 😛
I seriously can't find what causes it , if i run a synthetic benchmark that puts my system under 100% load , it runs stable for hours and hours , when i try to play a game , (some examples , dota2 ,assassin's creed 3 , the witcher 2 etc) after a couple of hours i get that win8 error and the pc reboots.

At first i thought it was something about steam since all those games are from my library , but it happened with FFXIV RR Beta ,which is a standalone game that has nothing to do with steam.
I'm at loss right now , it's not the GPU , it's not the CPU , it's not the RAM , i suppose it can't be the drives (samsung 840 PRO 256gb + WD 2TB black) it's probably not the motherboard... could it be a windows 8 problem that i'm missing?
It's my first experience with that OS i didn't use it before , i might be doing something wrong?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Unlike you I am not convinced that the ram is not the cause. When you say you ran memtest86+ did you run it at XMP profile enabled and which version of Memtest86+ did you use? 🙂

I used memtest86+ v4.20 ( the latest) both on stock and XMP profile , for several cycles and everything was fine , i'm at loss really , i can't find what's causing it 😞

Krindor
Level 11
Just to check, do you have any type of USB connected that is not a mouse, keyboard or headset? I had my phone causing the same error when using it to connect to the Internet.
Also I don't know if aisuiteIII causes that bsod but I would also recommend uninstalling it to see what the problem is.
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop