Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Sorry to wake up an old thread but I have the very same problem. Just downloaded RealBench and no matter in what folder I put it I will get this message that RealBench does not have write access in this directory.

I'm running Win7 x64 Ultimate, my user account is within the Administrators group, I've tried putting the RealBench folder in several different locations and I've tried running RealBench as Administrator by right-clicking and chose 'Run As Administrator' but regardless what I do it won't work.

Any ideas....?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Here is what I would do. Download again and just extract the entire archive to the desktop. Leave it there, open the application from the desktop as normal user.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Here is what I would do. Download again and just extract the entire archive to the desktop. Leave it there, open the application from the desktop as normal user.
    Just tried this but still same thing I'm afraid.

I've installed LOTS of applications by now both normal apps such as games, video editing software etc but also other benchmark tools such as Cinebench, OCCT, CPUz and Aida64 without any issues so seems to be something very special with this software...?

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

1) Are there any non-Latin characters in RB's path? (Like accented, greek, mandarin, japanese etc etc)

2) Do you have any security software installed? If yes, which one is it and did you try disabling it prior to running RB? (Security software may prevent RB from writting where it needs to if they get a false positive).

3) Please list the exact full paths from the locations you tried to place it. (For example: "C:\RealBench", "C:\Program Files\RealBench", "C:\しろい\RealBench", etc etc.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Thanks for your reply!

1. No non-Latin characters in the path

2. I'm using Avast! but I've already tried disabling it but still same problem

3. I've tried extracting and running RB from the following locations but still no difference, always get the error RB doesn't have write access

C:\Users\Richard\Desktop\RealBench
    C:\RealBench
    D:\RealBench

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Nodens I wonder if WebMaximus has the Swedish fonts? That will not work with RB.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Well, I am in Sweden and I've set Windows 7 to use Swedish format but Windows in itself is the English version.

Not sure what exactly you mean by 'Swedish fonts' but if you let me know what to change I could give it a try.

Nodens PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

C:\RealBench should work anyhow since it doesn't have any other chars in the path. Try extracting to that and try copying a file under C:\RealBench\Output See if Windows allows you to do that or throws any kind of error.

On a last note, are you typing the folders name yourself ("RealBench") or just extracting the folder as it is fromt the rar file?
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Problem solved :-)

After reading your last reply I realized I didn't have a subfolder called 'Output' in the RealBench folder so I simply created that folder manually and after this the program starts up just fine!

Nodens PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Weird..that folder should be there if you extract the rar archive directly heh. I wonder if you have other missing folders as well..

But it makes sense because this is where RB writes all the files it needs during the tests. But if "Output" was missing maybe other things are missing as well and that will cause RB to malfunction :/

As a sidenote: What software did you use to extract the archive?

RealBench Developer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast