cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.1 cannot write to directory

maximiza
Level 11
what am i doing wrong, i redownloaded, but it will not work no matter what drive i try to launch from. 1.1 version

32 REPLIES 32

KPRage
Level 10
Open it as admin mate.. Right click and, choose Run as administrator..:) This can be the only cause why it doesn't have write access.. Oh and, disable your anti-virus too.. My KaspersKey tells RB is a virus and won't let me run it! 🙂

Oh and, see if you can change the permissions for this file..

Cheers,
KP
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂

Nodens
Level 16
Windows user account must have write access to the path you extract RB to. Also some directories are treated specially in Windows (eg Program Files and Program Files (x86)) and you can never have write access under them unless you are running with elevated rights (as admin).
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

maximiza
Level 11
i am stumped, i went down to advanced properties security tab and made sure write previlagies are allowed everywhere. it is still not working off desktop. The first one worked fine i do not know why there would be such a difference in 1.1. i am researching Win 8 more now. i do not have an antivirus in win 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Place the download folder on your desktop and run from there.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Place the download folder on your desktop and run from there.

Is that better or to have the RB folder on the C: directly?

maximiza
Level 11
yes i have been unzipping to desktop.

Nodens
Level 16
There is absolutely no difference between versions in regards to permissions needed. Something changed on your system, not on RB versions. RB checks if it can write in the "Output" subdirectory which is where all subprograms write to. If it can't, it prints that message.

Does this happen if you run it as admin? If yes then there's something installed that prevents RB from writing or file system is corrupted. If it doesn't happen as admin, it means permissions for the Desktop directory or the user in general are messed up (could also be file system corruption).
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens
Level 16
Doesn't matter as long as your Windows user has write access. By default it should have write access on both the Desktop directory and anywhere top level on C:
If it doesn't it will throw that error and complain but that means there's something wrong with the system.

If you mean performance wise, it also doesn't matter.

RealBench Developer.

Zka17
Level 16
OK, thanks Nodens!