cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth Z87 problem ??

AndytTM
Level 7
Hello to all,

Im having a problem with my vcore settings.

If i go to AI tweakers and set vcore on manually , i doesn't "take" the value that i input ....:confused::confused:

Example : I want the Vcore to be set on 1.274 v ,but if i hit enter,it changes to 1.935 v :(:(

It changes only in manually from 1v to 1.935v ...

I tried this many times but still the same results...

On auto it goes to 1.274 v but when i use Aida64 the core voltage rises to 1.3xx v,and so causes a lot of heat isseus 😞

Am im doing some wrong ???

Problaby it's my mistake,first time builder 😄

Thanks !!
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
No stress mate.

What I would suggest to sort this out is to simply do a quick Clear CMOS and that will allow your system to revert back to factory defaults.

Now in your BIOS you can select XMP profile as your mode of OC and that will sort your ram out for you.

Then you can do the rest.

Do you have AIsutie installed by any chance, and are you using or have used AIsuite to OC in OS?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hey ,

Yes , i haved used AIsuite to OC in Win 8...
After a while i put everything back "standard" and i tried to oc in bios...
Main reason i used AI Suite is to change the fan speeds....

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK all good. I would not use AIsuite to OC and bios is best as they say.

Did you do the clear CMOS and did that resolve your voltage issues?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

AndytTM
Level 7
Hello ,

I just did the quick Clear CMOS and evrything stay the same ...:confused:
I mean everything -> including the oc profiles i made ...
The button on the mb lights up blue,so it means it did work ??

I don't know anymore ............

HiVizMan
Level 40
Confirm this is how you are clearing CMOS

How do I clear CMOS?

Solution

CLRTC SW:

1st step: PC power shut down and removes power cable.
2nd step: CLRTC_SW has 3 pins. Short 1-2 pins for default setup. If you would like clear CMOS setting data & temporary data in south bridge, please short 2-3 pins by jumper for 10 sec. When you finish clean CMOS process, please change back your jumper pin to Default [Default: [1-2] pins short].

3rd step: Plug in Power cable and turn on the PC power.

AndytTM
Level 7
No ,

I did not do it like this 😞

I will try to do it like you discribed ,and report back here ...

Hello ,

I just did try this method (It was also discribed in mb manual :rolleyes:) and the same....
I even did take out the battery.
I did like follow : Turn off pc
Take out the power cord
Move the jumper from pos. 1-2 to 2-3
Wait 10 sec (More like 1 to 2 min)
Connect power cord
Start up the computer

Then asked to press F1 to enter setup but everything stays the same (including the occ profiles)

The second time i did the same but a take out the battery before moving the jumper....

Still the same ....:confused:

Praz
Level 13
Resetting the BIOS will not clear the OC profiles. Can you please post a screenshot showing the voltage field before you enter the desired value and another screenshot showing it after you have entered the value?

AndytTM
Level 7

The pictures are in the correct order ,when trying to change to value...
When i tried to change to value to 1.274 and press enter it goes back to auto :confused: