cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win8 Games Minimizing because of touchpad [solved]

Aletreus
Level 7
I recently purchased a ASUS G750JW-DB71 and while it runs smoothly, I am running into issues while playing games. My games keep on minimizing randomly. I'm not sure why, but it's just becoming an annoying issue. How do I get rid of this issue? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

EDIT by cl-albert: Solutions mentioned in this thread are summarized below.
1. Check post #6 below by cl-albert on this page, but the touchpad for this Win8 notebook is 'edge' sensitive and if you want to disable this feature, double-click on the touchpad icon to open the touchpad Smart Gesture software and disable the setting there. A screenshot is included on this page further below.

2. Check the next page for the post by 'TheRealVader', but if you use an external mouse and don't need to use the touchpad, set the Smart Gesture software to disable the touchpad when the external mouse is plugged in. You can also disable/enable the touchpad through Fn+F9 if you prefer.

3. This is a slightly different issue related to the touchpad occuring only in Win8.1 (not Win8), but for those playing games like Minecraft and seeing a delay to left-click after using the keyboard, check this thread G570 Left Click issues when typing [solved] about changing the delay before the touchpad buttons will work after typing.
15 REPLIES 15

z3540
Level 7
What games do you play? Try GeForce Experience: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience. Let it "optimize" your video settings according to the game/video card. Be careful when if you choose fullscreen vs windowed. In fullscreen, you lose the pointer arrow. Also note that the latest driver from Nvidia may not load. You need to use ASUS' own Nvidia driver.

Aletreus
Level 7
I'll definitely give it a shot. I just disabled the TouchPad, I'll see if that works. I usually play Skyrim, Fallout, Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft.

RogersaurusRex
Level 7
I had this issue - if you're doing the same as me you're left thumb may be resting on the trackpad whereby any rightward movement of your hand makes Windows switch between your running apps. I thought my games were randomly minimizing for a while before I figured it out.

I also note that I think some games must have this feature disabled because I didn't see it across the board; only with certain titles.

RogersaurusRex wrote:
I had this issue - if you're doing the same as me you're left thumb may be resting on the trackpad whereby any rightward movement of your hand makes Windows switch between your running apps. I thought my games were randomly minimizing for a while before I figured it out.

I also note that I think some games must have this feature disabled because I didn't see it across the board; only with certain titles.

I think I am having the same issue. How did you work around it? I use WASD keys in WoW to move around so my left thumb is always hovering over the track pad. Can you disable this feature in Windows? I would rather not disable the track pad.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
The touchpad for this Win8 notebook is 'edge' sensitive and if you want to disable this feature, double-click on the touchpad icon to open the touchpad Smart Gesture software and disable the setting there as in the screenshot below.

Hope this helps (and keep on gaming!) !

tnili
Level 7
I disabled Switch Running Applications. Your post saved me a lot of aggravation. Thanks!

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear it helped!

Yeah this helped tremendously, it got annoying when in critical moments I would accidentally swipe and my game would leave.
Thankyou!

Musicmatters
Level 7
Bravo Albert!

I could not understand why I was suddenly transported to the Windows 8 Start screen or some other random app without doing anything unusual....

Problem solved!

Craig