cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O/C issue with Sabertooth Z77 & i7 3770K

flexnix
Level 7
Hey guys. Just built this system and I've been having an issue with the settings actually working. The settings in the BIOS stick, but when I boot up with no boot image screen it doesn't show the processor @ 4.7GHZ. Same goes for it in Windows. I did some thread reading and people said to clear the CMOS and try it again. No help at all.

Board: Asus Sabertooth Z77 with the latest 2003 BIOS
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Memory: G. Skill 1866 2x4GB
Main Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD.

Here are the of the screens with the settings, and of course I included my sweet boot image. :cool:

3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK I am going to state the obvious but I have had mates who forgot to do this so please forgive me.

Once you set your bios settings do you F10 and enter to save and exit?

The other thing is you say same goes for it in windows. Does that mean you have AIsutie installed and have been OC from OS too?

Wonder if that is causing your system to revert back to defaults when entering OS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

IndianScout
Level 7
mine doesn't show my overclock when I boot, but once I get into windows, cpuz shows the overclock as well as other programs,

here's a 5ghz run..

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers IndianScout that is a very good point you remind us about. If you have speed step enabled your CPU shows as down clocked.

Run super pi or what ever you like that will stress your system and see if your clock is indeed OC'd
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.